Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2007 8:08:45 AM EDT
Anybody tried the Monsoon gearslinger for an everyday pack or BOB?  From what I can see on the website it looks like a decent setup, but nobody locally keeps these in stock.  I like the size and what appears to be an easy on, easy off design.  

Any comments or recommendations?
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 9:02:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 12:18:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Dustin said exactly what I was thinking!
I have and really like my Gearslingers but they are not a BOB or even really a GHB

Quoted:
Hello everyone, my name is Dustin and my wife and I own a company called EM Gear. We are Maxpedition dealers and have a fair amount of experience with the product line. We just set up our account on AR15.com so I hope I’m not violating any accepted code of conduct by posting a response to this question.

We do sell a lot of Monsoon GearSlingers and the main application seems to be “urban operations” (tacticool code for going to the office ). IMHO it is not well suited as a BOB because the weight carrying ability over a long time frame is just not comparable to a traditional backpack. It does have a waist belt that will allow you to cinch it down and move without the bag flopping around but it is inadequate if you have a load like most people carry in their BOB. The upside is the cross body design, concealed carry option and capacity work pretty good in the city as a replacement for a regular laptop case. It is much harder to snatch the bag off your shoulder and the concealed carry pocket allows deep concealment if you are carrying on the subway on in an environment that is CCW unfriendly.

Just my .02

Dustin
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 12:54:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.  Guess I'll avoid these for BOB purposes.  It does look like the gearslingers could serve a purpose very well, just not sure I have a purpose for them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 6:27:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Watertower, my Brother recently did a review on they Typhoon gear slinger and really liked it.  He uses it as his EDC.  I should have the review up by tonight.

www.theprepared.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top