Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2012 5:29:23 AM EDT
I posted this in the MOHTF here http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_32/490675_new_changes_in_deer_hunting_regs_for_2012.html but I thought this might get more attention here too .. SO ..

yesteday my dad came over along with the 2012 fall deer and turkey pamphlet put out by MDC.

muzzleloader season has been renamed "alternative methods portion".
methods - muzzleloading or cap and ball firearms 40 caliber and larger, capable of firing only one single projectile at one discharge: in lines and scopes are allowed
- multiple barreled muzzleloading or cap and ball firearms and or muzzleloading cap and ball handguns including revolvers 40 caliber or larger are allowed and may be carried in addition to a muzzleloading or cap and ball rifle
- centerfire pistols or revolvers using expanding type bullets; legal ammunition includes lead bullets, copper bullets and bullets made of other material designed to expand
- air powered guns 40 caliber or larger, charged only from an external high compression power source (external hand pump, air tank or air compressor )
- longbows, compound bows or recurve bows of any draw weight; hand held string releasing devices, illuminated sights, scopes and quickpoint sights are allowed
- crossbows
- atlatls, which are defined as a rod or narrow board like device used to launch through a throwing motion of the arm, a dart 5 to 8 feet long

reference page 18 of the 2012 fall deer and turkey pamphlet

Guess I need to build up a pistol lower for my 300 WTF upper to reside on for the new season!

personally I LIKE the new changes .. thoughts ??
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Elaborate on the 300BLK. You have to configure it as a pistol?

That seems dumb.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:54:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Elaborate on the 300BLK. You have to configure it as a pistol?

That seems dumb.

to be letter of the law legal it wouldn't be kosher with a stock as it would be a centerfire rifle.  New virgin lower assembled as a pistol and yes its GTG.

this is ONLY in effect during the new "alternate methods" season and I WILL hunt with the rifle during normal firearms and doe seasons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top