Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2009 12:28:45 PM EDT
Greeting all,

Over last 2 years I have been putting together some outdoor opportunities for Wounded Warriors to get outdoors and take their mind off their injuries and recovery problems.
I started with things I knew, Turkey and Deer hunting. As time has gone by, I have found some other opportunities for them.

Now some have expressed some fresh water fishing interest.

Anyone able to provide a fishing event for these great Wounded Warriors?

I have a Non Profit Organization that has started working to assist with these events. So if any of you do not have the capability to provide an event, but would still loke to assist, please see below:

All,
This is a great organization. They have done some great trips for the Wounded Warriors.

I had the privilege of helping to coordinate a Turkey Hunt in Kirkmansville, KY 3 weeks ago.
There were 9 Wounded Warriors on the hunt, and 7 killed a Gobbler. Of the 7, 5 had never Turkey Hunted before, and 2 had never hunted at all before. Everyone one of them enjoyed their time.
After they killed their birds, they were treated to a day of fishing on a private 50 acre stocked lake.
All lodging and food was donated for the weekend event.
If everyone on here just donated $10.00 (less than cost of a 12pk), that would allow the organization to pay for transportation to the hunts for the Wounded Warriors, Cost of out of state licenses, Lodging on trips, Meals, and also small gifts to present each Wounded Warrior.

www.friendsofamericanheroes.org

They are planning Father/Son, Father/Daughter, Mother/Son, Mother/Daughter, events for the future. Taking widowed spouses who want to try the outdoors because their spouse enjoyed it.
This organization is not like some that have 6 million dollars on the books and Staff earns $100,000, to 650,000 a year working for a Non-Profit.

As it states on the Website, if can't give money, can you provide land for an event, or your time to assist in a hunt is greatly needed.
I know money is tight under the current administration, but couldn't you spare something to assist in getting these great deserving Wounded Warriors outdoors, and take their mind off their problems while recovering from their injuries?

Thank you all for your time and consideration.
I believe in what they are doing, and have seen the positive outcome with my own eyes.

So hit this site, and give a little. (everything helps.)

Thanks everyone for your time and consideration, and support.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 12:46:19 PM EDT
[#1]
i sw fl there is a wonderful group called,,Operation open arms. goog it.. my son was home from iraq in april and they did all types of good things for him and i got to go on a fisshin trip with him
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 2:08:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Post this in GD.
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 8:40:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Post this in GD.

Have and not very many folks seemed interested.
Had a lot of views, and couple made some donations.

Thanks for the consideration.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 3:05:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I already donate 5% of proceeds from my online store to the Wounded Warrior Project, if any of the warriors are located in Las Vegas area, please PM me.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 3:55:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I already donate 5% of proceeds from my online store to the Wounded Warrior Project, if any of the warriors are located in Las Vegas area, please PM me.

IM sent
Thanks for the support and consideration.
Look forward to dealings in the future.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:14:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Greeting all,

Over last 2 years I have been putting together some outdoor opportunities for Wounded Warriors to get outdoors and take their mind off their injuries and recovery problems.
I started with things I knew, Turkey and Deer hunting. As time has gone by, I have found some other opportunities for them.

Now some have expressed some fresh water fishing interest.

Anyone able to provide a fishing event for these great Wounded Warriors?

I have a Non Profit Organization that has started working to assist with these events. So if any of you do not have the capability to provide an event, but would still loke to assist, please see below:

All,
This is a great organization. They have done some great trips for the Wounded Warriors.

I had the privilege of helping to coordinate a Turkey Hunt in Kirkmansville, KY 3 weeks ago.
There were 9 Wounded Warriors on the hunt, and 7 killed a Gobbler. Of the 7, 5 had never Turkey Hunted before, and 2 had never hunted at all before. Everyone one of them enjoyed their time.
After they killed their birds, they were treated to a day of fishing on a private 50 acre stocked lake.
All lodging and food was donated for the weekend event.
If everyone on here just donated $10.00 (less than cost of a 12pk), that would allow the organization to pay for transportation to the hunts for the Wounded Warriors, Cost of out of state licenses, Lodging on trips, Meals, and also small gifts to present each Wounded Warrior.

They are planning Father/Son, Father/Daughter, Mother/Son, Mother/Daughter, events for the future. Taking widowed spouses who want to try the outdoors because their spouse enjoyed it.
This organization is not like some that have 6 million dollars on the books and Staff earns $100,000, to 650,000 a year working for a Non-Profit.

As it states on the Website, if can't give money, can you provide land for an event, or your time to assist in a hunt is greatly needed.
I know money is tight under the current administration, but couldn't you spare something to assist in getting these great deserving Wounded Warriors outdoors, and take their mind off their problems while recovering from their injuries?

I believe in what they are doing, and have seen the positive outcome with my own eyes.

Thanks everyone for your time and consideration, and support.

I would love to participate in this!

I'm located in western NY on the Great Lakes...

I'm a licensed charter boat captain & run salmon fishing charters out of Wilson NY.

Can you get me in contact w/ anyone in my area that could help me put together a charter?

I-M me if you have some names & numbers.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:34:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Thanks everyone for your time and consideration, and support.[/quote]

I would love to participate in this!

I'm located in western NY on the Great Lakes...

I'm a licensed charter boat captain & run salmon fishing charters out of Wilson NY.

Can you get me in contact w/ anyone in my area that could help me put together a charter?

I-M me if you have some names & numbers.

Thanks.

[/quote]

IM SENT.
Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top