Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2018 5:00:08 PM EDT
I’ve decided to work on lightening my 3-season pack, with the hope of getting out for a few multi day backpacking trips in the White Mountains between now and the fall. As of right now I’ll still be using my 4lb Osprey Atmos 50 AG, but my new acquisitions are:

Big Agnes Fly Creek HV UL1 tent, a 27oz packed weight (everything but storage/carrying bags?) with plenty of room for one person and his pack.

Western Mountaineering EverLite 45F sleeping bag/quilt. 17.25oz, the hybrid design means I can use it as a blanket or quilt on top of a 3-season sleeping pad in warmer weather, and when temps start to drop close it up on top of my down-filled sleeping pad. And if I ever decide to give hammock sleeping a try it’ll work well. Plus I can use it in conjunction with my other down bags to lower the comfort rating temp.

NEMO Equipment Tensor 25 sleeping pad, 14oz, 25” wide to keep me on it, and 3” thick for comfort.

So it looks like my pack with pack, shelter, insulation, and comfort will come in at just under 8lb. With 2.5l of water, food, and my normal packing list I should be able to keep it right around 20lb for 2-3 days. I’m looking forward to giving all of it a workout!
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 5:21:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice!!!  Never screw with comfort!!  You will be happy with your setup.

This reminded me to make a graph ive been meaning to make for a while LOL.. especially for some of the BA and WM gear LOL.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Tell me about the cost part! I have a NEMO Sonic 0F bag and a WM Cypress -30F bag, I felt a little queasy when I pulled the trigger on that one LOL.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 7:52:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tell me about the cost part! I have a NEMO Sonic 0F bag and a WM Cypress -30F bag, I felt a little queasy when I pulled the trigger on that one LOL.
View Quote
F Me on the price of that Cypress.. but i guess if you want to not die in certain conditions.. price is not an object.  Freaking sick though!

I got my BA copper spur 3 and montbell super stretch down hugger and thought that was expensive LOL.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 12:33:05 AM EDT
[#4]
6 moons design 1p trekker..24oz
Zpack  arc blast 50L pack 1lb 11oz
Z pack 20F down bag 20oz
OR rain jacket 6.4oz
Msr pocket rocket 3.0 oz
Sawyer squeeze water filter 3.0oz
Titanium 750'ml pot 4.2oz
Thermarest foam pad 14oz
Down puff jacket 10oz

Android supercharge cable
14000ish battery charge 8oz
Black silk base layer top an bottom 12oz
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 2:58:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's my LighterPack. It's not final but I'm only missing a few items. Might replace the puffy with a lighter one but I'm not sure. I like the one I have.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 11:13:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Those are some light packs! I’m going for lightER, not ultralight, and my previous tent (ALPS Jagged Peak 2), sleeping bag (MSS patrol bag), and pad (Therm-A-Rest Trail Scout) were too heavy for what I needed. All 3 of the new pieces weigh less than just my previous pad & sleeping bag. The old tent will be relegated to car camping duty, and the MSS as a loaner along with my other synthetic bags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top