Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2008 6:01:03 AM EDT
not sure if any info has been covered on this topic but w/ a 8 month old daughter i would appreciate any thoughts or opinions as to what should be included...i understand the basics baby food, formula/water but whatelse would any of you add or have added to your family BOB? As i live in FL storms are always on our mind so I would like to add a little more insurance to our BOB....

ETA: SPELLING
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 6:19:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Toys, toys, and more toys
Diaper rash creme
Extra clothes
Bathing stuff
Snacks (fruit cups and stuff like that)

Link Posted: 9/2/2008 6:54:04 PM EDT
[#2]
lots of diapers, lots of baby wipes, burp rags, changes of clothes, extra pacifiers, basically everything you need on a daily basis - infants simply can't do w/o.  also, get some kind of carrier for the baby, e.g., back pack, either front or rear carry.  we have a new born and have a couple of different options.  one is some kind of cloth sling that my wife works miracles w/ and is able to hold the baby, while nursing, w/o using her hands.  the other is kind of a back pack that can go on your back or front.  our regular trips to the zoo and all the subsequent walking have helped us determine what works and what sucks.    
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 7:33:22 PM EDT
[#3]
If you assemble a bag for an infant, be sure to check the contents once a year before you need it.  Little children grow like weeds, and last years clothing(ie jackets, shoes etc) won't fit this year. When my kids were little I try to stay ahead of the curve by using whatever before they grew out of it, but I was not always 100% successful, and I had to throw out some stuff(ie donate to Goodwill, Salvation Army)
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 8:38:00 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 to checking the sizes on clothes constantly, nothing like trying to fit my 6 year old into some 5 year old underoos.....he had some speedo action going on...

LIQUID TYLENOL- holy crap, can't tell you, this is a miracle drug
liquid benadryl
baby wipes
bottle or two of water for formula or just cause
couple of juice boxes in protective wrap
2-3 washcloths
towel can double as blanket
Goldfish, Cheerios, pretzels (when older)
toys, coloring books, markers last longer in Texas heat than crayons
toothbrush
extra sippie cups
straws
a lot of Kleenex
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:36:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I keep a kiddie travel bag in my truck (not exactly a BOB per se):

LOTS OF:
Diaper Wipes
Diapers/pull-ups/whatever

SUNDRIES:
snacks
sippie-cups
bottled water
powdered kool-ade (keeps a long time, can be mixed with water)
extra pacifier or two
2 towels
change of clothes for each kid (bulky, but you'll be glad you have it)
extra socks/underwear (for older kids)
wash cloth
emergency toy (something that can keep them occupied)
jackets (in the winter)
kid sized baseball caps
kid-sized blanket

MEDS:
kiddie dramamine (one of my kids tends to get carsick if he has the sniffles)
children's tylenol
diaper cream
sunscreen
disinfectant wipes (not the same as regular diaper wipes)

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:52:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I carry the BOB with Water, 'some' food, tools, prep, Medical, clothing, and my wife
has a separate bag just for food and baby stuff. (we've got a 3yo and one due later
this month).

In this "baby bag" we keep a few dozen "single" formula packets,  some extra water,
rice cereal, cheerios, snacks, jarred baby food and diapers (both cloth + "pampers")
lots o' wipes, toiletries, pink-eye drips, kids motrin +tylenol, mylecon, diaper creme,
a couple of toys, 2 changes of clothes (all weather) etc.

IF there is time, we have a compact stroller they can both sit in, though it
does fold up nicely, and can carry a crap load. There is a bag on it, that has many
more diapers, wipes, water and formula.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 9:03:11 AM EDT
[#7]
The biggest and most important:

Formula (powder and clean water)
Baby food as is age appropriate
Diapers
Wipes
SUNSCREEN SUNSCREEN SUNSCREEN
Insect repellent
spare clotes

I have an old backpack carrier that has a small backpack attached.  It carries both the baby and her stuff.  It is on an aluminum frame, so it will stand up to hold her when she is on on my back.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top