Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2013 5:23:17 PM EDT
I have a line a good clean 180S for cheap. All tested and working. Anyone have any experience with one?

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#1]
No love for the old Kenwoods?
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 7:23:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about that one...but I love Kenwood rigs.  I have many from Tubes to transistors.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a TS-130S and I like it fine.

But hey...I'm new here.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 5:01:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I just got a call from an Elmer at a HamFest in Asheville NC...TS 530 with matching speaker and Desk mic for $250

If I had not been gone all week in PA with the fam ($) I'd jumped all over it!

if it's a deal, snag it-the 180 looks cool!
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 8:08:30 AM EDT
[#5]
A friend of my sons knocked on the door a couple weeks ago. When he opened it his friend, a guy he worked with at the time, said 'I know you're into this ham radio stuff so here you can HAVE this!' He then hands him a box that said Kenwood TS-530S. My son is a General so when he opened my shack door it was WHERE did THAT come from! He told me the story and we started inspecting. The box did not have a cut, dent, smudge or ANY kind of wear, tear or anything else wrong...OK this is looking GOOD! We open the box and OMG there was a TS-530S as the box indicated with the PLASTIC WRAP on it! Now it wasn't wrapped like factory new but is was there! We take it out of the box and, OK no manual, NO problem and no microphone, more on that in a bit. Out of the box the radio looked as good as the box! No wear, tear, dents, dings scratches OMG is this for real!! So not having a microphone, another ham has since given him a Kenwood MC-60 desk mic. that he wasn't using, but initially we had no mic. SO now the 64.000 dollar question! We plugged it into the wall and NO MAGIC SMOKE! Everything lit up the way it is suppose to, all the dials turn, all the knobs worked, all  buttons work...well you get the idea this radio was behaving like this was the first time it had been turned on!!
It took a while to get a manual downloaded and we are still in the process of making sure when we hook it all up and put it on the air we know what we are doing and don't release any of the magic smoke!! One of these week-ends SOON when we are both home this thing is definitely going to be put on the air and see what it will do!
We're both looking forward to that!  Sometimes good things do happen!
Sarge
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 9:15:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Dang it Sarge, what a deal!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top