Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2008 12:22:03 PM EDT
Man this thing is awesome. Super quiet and beautifully built. I went with the bigger model so it can pull double duty and run my motorcycle trailer and/or my household items during a power outage. My next thing to get is the tri power conversion so I can run propane.

I picked mine up locally for $1924.00 out the door.

No pictures yet but you guys know what they look like.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 12:46:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet buy.  The honda EU series are great.

I went the dual EU2000i route instead of the 3000 because the 2000's are easier to move around and when wired give me a little more juice while being just a tiny bit louder.  I paid $804 each plus the kit to wire them together.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:05:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sweet buy.  The honda EU series are great.

I went the dual EU2000i route instead of the 3000 because the 2000's are easier to move around and when wired give me a little more juice while being just a tiny bit louder.  I paid $804 each plus the kit to wire them together.

At the wifes suggestion, we went this route also.  Going to take a 3800 mile trip this fall to North Rim Grand Canyon and thought the generators would come in handy.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:43:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Good deal! I have a EU1000 and I've never looked back.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:59:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Man this thing is awesome. Super quiet and beautifully built.

They are very impressive aren't they?  When I do my monthly load run, I generally have to run something with a light on it.  The unit is so quiet and small, I forget it's out back running (until I notice the light).

R.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:23:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:29:26 PM EDT
[#6]
With the temps rising rapidly here we are going to love having this unit so we can run the A/C on our trailer and fans at our upcoming bike rally. She smiled very big when I started it up for her cause she was insistant that it be quiet. So she is happy so that means I'm happy.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:35:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:10:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought one last year to go along with my 6500 watt I really like it.
Good decision
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:13:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Now when you go camping, you will only be annoyed by other people's generators.

I have the yamaha equivilent and can hear everyone elses generators over mine...
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:23:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I must say you made an excellent choice! In my opinion, the small Honda's are the standard in which all others of the like are judged. I can see how bringing one home would be cause for excitement and lack of sleep the night before.

I just have a baby Honda 1000kw. (that's all I want and need for my plan) During my hurricane years in the eastern Caribbean, the Honda gen sets stood tall in terms of reliability, lack of teeth rattling noise and easy starts! The rest failed miserably. You just purchased a real performer and winer. Oh, and a work of art.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top