Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2009 7:14:07 PM EDT
Swine flu vaccine: Government grants immunity
August 1, 6:25 PM4 commentsShareThisRSS             Email  Print
Government grants immunity for swine flu vaccine
(AP Photo/Aman Sharma)Makers of the swine flu vaccine and involved government officials will be immune from any lawsuits arising from the vaccine. Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius has signed a document guaranteeing that neither the government nor industry will take responsibility for any damage or death caused by these vaccines, which have had very limited testing and are being produced under rushed circumstances.

In the 1976 swine flu scare, only one person actually died from the swine flu while hundreds died from the vaccine and thousands were paralyzed. Watch a highly revealing CBS 60 Minutes clip at this link to learn more about this tragedy and the fear mongering, corruption, and manipulations that led to it. The pharmaceutical companies made billions of dollars as a result of that unnecessary mass vaccination campaign, yet at least the victims had their day in court.

Why isn't our government willing to have anyone take responsibility for these risky vaccines which the media is already promoting? What will happen if, like in 1976, more people are killed and injured by the vaccine than by the disease itself? Will those people and their families be simply out of luck?

Here's a quote from a recent MSNBC/Associate Press article discussing the immunity granted:

The last time the government faced a new swine flu virus was in 1976. Cases of swine flu in soldiers at Fort Dix, N.J., including one death, made health officials worried they might be facing a deadly pandemic like the one that killed millions around the world in 1918 and 1919. Federal officials vaccinated 40 million Americans during a national campaign. A pandemic never materialized, but thousands who got the shots filed injury claims, saying they suffered a paralyzing condition called Guillain-Barre Syndrome or other side effects.

For strong evidence based on a study in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) that most vaccines can do more harm than they do good, click here. How much do you trust our government and the pharmaceutical industry to do the right thing with swine flu vaccines? To understand the depth of corruption on the drug industry and the collusion of top politicians and even scientists, read a powerful essay by the former editor in chief of the prestigious New England Journal of Medicine at this link.

Remember the avian flu scare which received so much hype several years ago? Very few people died or were hospitalized, yet according to media reports, Donald Rumsfeld alone made $5 million on sales of Tamiflu, which were never needed at the time. Consider also that Adrian Gibbs, a scientist on the team that developed Tamiflu (the drug most recommended for the swine flu), submitted a report stating that swine flu may have been man-made. For more on this, click here. There are many questions regarding all of the fear hype around both the avian flu and swine flu. How much of this is a way of pumping money into the pockets of big pharma?

Think carefully before deciding to get a swine vaccine for yourself or for your children. You may end up doing more harm than good. The box immediately below provides several ideas on what you can do to better educate yourself and your friends on these important matters We also invite you to comment below and let us know what you think. Will you get the swine flu vaccine when it comes out?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:43:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I got the 1976 vaccine....and later I developed and nearly died from Guillane-Barre Syndrome. It seems this very rare disorder hits more people who got that vaccine than others. I went from perfectly healthy to unable to walk or even pick up a 12 lb. baby in 1 week.... had I not gotten immediate treatment, I'd have stopped being able to breath on my own by day 10. It took me about 1 year to regain my strength.

So....I am forbidden from getting any vaccination again. If the flu is bad, I'm going to have to deal with it the old fashioned way....

But this all is besides the point...why do the big pharma people need to cut corners? Why the need to rush 'fillers' that aren't proven into the mix? You'd think they'd have all the chinks worked out of the logistics by now....unless, unless this is another convenient crisis to use to get a blanket immunity from tort lawsuits.... which in turn will reduce their insurance premiums, which will increase their bottom line....
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:36:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I got the 1976 vaccine....and later I developed and nearly died from Guillane-Barre Syndrome. It seems this very rare disorder hits more people who got that vaccine than others. I went from perfectly healthy to unable to walk or even pick up a 12 lb. baby in 1 week.... had I not gotten immediate treatment, I'd have stopped being able to breath on my own by day 10. It took me about 1 year to regain my strength.

So....I am forbidden from getting any vaccination again. If the flu is bad, I'm going to have to deal with it the old fashioned way....

But this all is besides the point...why do the big pharma people need to cut corners? Why the need to rush 'fillers' that aren't proven into the mix? You'd think they'd have all the chinks worked out of the logistics by now....unless, unless this is another convenient crisis to use to get a blanket immunity from tort lawsuits.... which in turn will reduce their insurance premiums, which will increase their bottom line....

Wow, In 30 years you are the first person other than me that I know or have heard that has had Guillane-Barre. I picked it up as a young child while living in Italy. (My father was stationed there with the US Air Force) I had to be flown back to Walter-Reed where I recovered.

I also can not receive a flu vaccine.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:23:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Drug manufactures SHOULD be immune from law suit.  Without this protection, you would not have these vaccines.

One dirty little secret that .gov keeps quiet, is the percentage of a drug's cost that is related to the legal issues involving that drug.  Get rid of the lawyers and frivolous suits, and drug costs would plummet.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:48:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius has signed a document guaranteeing that neither the government nor industry will take responsibility for any damage or death caused by these vaccines

Amazing how all of a sudden the Sec. of HHS seems to think she, on her sole authority, can immunize both the Federal Government and private industry from legal responsibility.

Hell, if she can do it, so can I.

"I, Fredman, Hereby absolve all Team members of ARFCOM from any and all legal liability arising out of or connected to disregard of any and all Federal Law related to the possession, ownership, use, transfer, and manufacture of firearms.  Furthermore, I do hereby declare that I am King of the World, and Things will be DIFFERENT.

Enacted, this 3rd day of August in the Year of Our Lord 2009.

/s"

You can all thank me later, and the big BBQ and machine gun shoot I'll be having on the Mall next month.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:52:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Drug manufactures SHOULD be immune from law suit.  Without this protection, you would not have these vaccines.

One dirty little secret that .gov keeps quiet, is the percentage of a drug's cost that is related to the legal issues involving that drug.  Get rid of the lawyers and frivolous suits, and drug costs would plummet.

the fear of liability is what makes the manufacturers pay attention to quality control.  Take away the liability, and they have no reason to actually put out a product that doesn't have nasty side effects.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:00:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

the fear of liability is what makes the manufacturers pay attention to quality control.  Take away the liability, and they have no reason to actually put out a product that doesn't have nasty side effects.

Wrong, on so many different levels.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Vaccine manufacturers can be held liable and normally are. In this case a law was passed back in 2006 that allows the health secretary to sign an agreement of protection in emergency situations, this is what she did.....Please don't assume or believe that normally drug makers or vaccine makers are not held liable for messing something up because they are. (unless again they are being protected by the Gov do to emergency needs)

I believe quality control is needed when you deal with peoples lives....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top