Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2010 8:34:45 PM EDT
Ok... I can't quite spit it out into words, but I'll try my best (very tired).

I'm looking for software (hopefully free) that displays the NTS message format, starting with the last message # in order, has auto-fill fields and fill-in-the-blank fields (similar to PDF, but better).  When done with the NTS message (whether already sent or waiting to be sent), something simple as clicking on a button and a new blank form is ready to be filled out and the next message # comes up.  All of the previous messages are saved and archived, ready to print out or reviewed if need be.  Is there a program out there that does all of this or more?  

I'm looking to get rid of paper waste.  Just recently, I've been assigned to a school that has been classified as a Special Needs Hurricane Shelter (i.e. elderly, disabled, handicapped, mentally challenged, etc).  I'm looking to simplify things.  With paper messages, it could be lost/misplaced, damaged or unreadable (i.e. smudges, smears), sloppy handwritting, etc.  Having a digital copy that could be typed makes reading easier for everyone.  

This Toshiba netbook I'm using is great!  It is dedicated to Ham Radio digital activities (software such as HRD, packet, RTTY, etc).  Battery life is 9+hrs.  

Thanks for trying to decipher my writing.  

73!
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 6:02:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an Excell file I created, by permission, of the ARRL Radiogram form.  You can type in the blanks.

In addition, the 2nd tab has the ICS-213 General Message Form.

But WAIT!  There's MORE!!!  The third tab has a merged form that has the Radiogram header, with body from the ICS-213.  This was the idea of our ARRL state Section Manager, and I made that, too, at his suggestion.

IM your email address and I'll send it to you.

AFM

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 8:57:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Does anyone have a way to host this file for download by others?

It is an Excell file, only 38 kb.

AFM
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 10:19:10 AM EDT
[#3]
IM sent.  

Many thanks.  This will simplify things in the long run.  

73!
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 11:39:59 AM EDT
[#4]
AFM, PM me and I can host it for you on our ARES site and link to it here.

I'm curious to see it. I have several Excel files that work to a degree but not 100%. I need to combine the good parts of all versions to get one good one. Though I have thought about writing something like Chino was looking for. I could put a database on the backend allowing you to store all of your messages, run reports, etc. Hmmm.

ETA: The files have been uploaded to my Google Docs account.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Contact N3FJP. I heard he had some software that did that before. I don't see it on his site but he may still have it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 5:01:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
ETA: The files have been uploaded to my Google Docs account.

Thank you!

You guys can customize it by adding drop downs, or partly fill in the blanks.

Save the original as it is, a Read Only file.  Open it and immediately Save As whatever file name you wish.

I hope this at least partly fills the OP's needs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top