Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2011 6:37:32 AM EDT
I'm certain that some of us here have more sophisticated radiation detectors than a CDV-715.  Are those with the more sophisticated equipment actually looking for possible radiological contamination?  I confess, I am far more ignorant WRT radiological issues than I should be, and a CDV-715 is not the tool for a situation like this.

Stick to the facts, guys, opinions are fine but not the answer.  I fully realize that this is not a high level threat, just looking for the straight scoop.  FWIW I've done work in a nuke plant and I am not scared of nukes.  What concerns me is the deliberate concealment of facts and information prior to the third reactor event.  I think all of us would like to know what is REALLY going on here.

Ops
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:42:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd start here for one.

Radiation Network

Values up to 130 are considered normal radiation from the sun etc (background noise).
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:59:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:26:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I think it would be hard to detect, what at present, is most likely very scant amounts of radiation from Japan that might have come across via the jet stream.  At least in our part of the states (mid-Atlantic) due to the high levels of radon already present.  Might have some kind of results on the west coast and Alaska.

I am not counting on the government being too forthcoming, they were pretty tight lipped after Chernobyl and the extent of contamination then.  Though we did not have anything like the issues they had in northern Europe and Scandinavia.

stasiman
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top