Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2010 3:09:21 PM EDT

Not a great image, but can anyone Identify this tree?

I think I remember what the tag said when I planted it, but want confirmation.

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 3:12:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_KB2bwtMW3Rg/TAbh2B9NHRI/AAAAAAAAALE/42nE-8ZUI_Q/s512/2010-06-02%2017.51.16.jpg

Good Luck!

crab apple maybe?

J-
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 3:14:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Faggot Tree.  You can see the leaves already turning pink.

ETA:  Looks to be some sort of fruit tree, apple or pear maybe?
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 4:59:17 PM EDT
[#3]
If it an ornamental tree, I'm guessing Bradford Pear.  If it is a fruit tree, could be a lot of things.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:09:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_KB2bwtMW3Rg/TAbh2B9NHRI/AAAAAAAAALE/42nE-8ZUI_Q/s512/2010-06-02%2017.51.16.jpg

Good Luck!

CAn you take some photos of the leaves a bit closer?

There are about ten guesses I could make, and none of them might be right.  The red color of the new growth is not consistent with anything much but a fruit tree,.....most likely apple or pear or (on a long shot) peach-and you're a bit far north for that........or an ornamental that this is almost certainly NOT.  

Honestly...kind of not fair to submit a blurry photo of a tree that could be a whole bunch of things and say "guess...good luck!"

Is there a point to this?

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good Luck!

There are about ten guesses I could make, and none of them might be right.  The red color of the new growth is not consistent with anything much but a fruit tree,.....most likely apple or pear or (on a long shot) peach-and you're a bit far north for that........or an ornamental that this is almost certainly NOT.  

Honestly...kind of not fair to submit a blurry photo of a tree that could be a whole bunch of things and say "guess...good luck!"

I will take some more photos tomorrow, if it isn't hailing.

The point is, I would like to know if this tree is what I remember it being. In particular, if I need to plant another one to ensure this tree will pollinate and bear fruit.

I have to admit, when I took the photo I was initially going to take it from standing next to it and taking a picture down (at an angle). I decided that a straight on shot would do the most good. I was not pleased with the way the image turned out (blended too much with the grass in the background) and I apologize for uploading an inferior image.

I am pretty much a noob when it comes to trees. The best I can do is tell the difference between a Maple, Oak or Elm tree! I thought this picture would be enough to tell the difference.

I searched for the type of tree I thought it was, but no images/information I found matched what I am seeing with this tree. Makes me second guess the variety....

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 9:35:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Good Luck!

I will take some more photos tomorrow, if it isn't hailing.

The point is, I would like to know if this tree is what I remember it being. In particular, if I need to plant another one to ensure this tree will pollinate and bear fruit.

I have to admit, when I took the photo I was initially going to take it from standing next to it and taking a picture down (at an angle). I decided that a straight on shot would do the most good. I was not pleased with the way the image turned out (blended too much with the grass in the background) and I apologize for uploading an inferior image.

I am pretty much a noob when it comes to trees. The best I can do is tell the difference between a Maple, Oak or Elm tree! I thought this picture would be enough to tell the difference.

I searched for the type of tree I thought it was, but no images/information I found matched what I am seeing with this tree. Makes me second guess the variety....

We can see the shape of the young tree.  Take some clear shots of the leaves so we can see the leaves  up close.  Then we will be more able to help you with an ID.  Or at least get sort of in the tree family.

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:09:05 PM EDT
[#7]
yeah, a close up of a leaf will really help.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 5:20:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok, I snapped a few real quick on the way to work this morning, but only one seemed to turn out decent:

None of the leaves are big and this is one of the 'younger' ones. Not new growth, but I would say last years growth.

I also tried to capture a picture of the 'barb' down on the trunk. Is it a spike or an old branch that died?

I apologize for the blurryness... damn camera wanted to focus on the grass!

As I recall the tag had Apricot tree on it, but I do not remember a variety...

Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top