Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2015 10:13:32 PM EDT
I recieved a message relayed by phone from WD4XXX in Lexington SC, from the SSB net from Peter congratulating me on my recent license. The call for Peter (DLXXX) goes nowhere on the ULS.   Unfortunately I was 10 seconds behind on answering the phone so I cant ask for clarification.  So you have my best regards  Peter wherever, whomever you are.  Jay

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:21:15 PM EDT
[#1]
He's in Germany.  Check his call on QRZ.com.

And congrats on the license.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:21:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I recieved a message relayed by phone from ***XXX in Lexington SC, from the SSB net from Peter congratulating me on my recent license. The call for Peter (***XX) goes nowhere on the ULS.   Unfortunately I was 10 seconds behind on answering the phone so I cant ask for clarification.  So you have my best regards  Peter wherever, whomever you are.  Jay
View Quote

You should delete callsigns for OPSEC.  
In case the sender does not want to be identified.

Bill
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:22:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a couple of those after my last license upgrade.  Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find him on the air and thank him in person.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:13:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:You should delete callsigns for OPSEC.
View Quote
Watching you guys discuss this is like watching a game of rock>paper>scissors.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 6:02:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Opsec
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:02:27 AM EDT
[#6]
... it's PERSEC not OPSEC.  
It is after all just a hobby.  Not some sort of deployment of troop Operations needing Security.

OP congrats on the license.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:39:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It is after all just a hobby.  Not some sort of deployment of troop Operations needing Security.

View Quote

Thank you

and congrats on the ticket!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:20:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, well, when me and my operational team are planning our assault on the local Golden Corral with our Baofangs we need to ensure the "Feds" don't swoop in and disconnect the battery cables on our Commander's rascal and throw off the whole timing of our cycle of passes at the chocolate waterfall.  The chaos could destroy everything.  Sorry pal, that IS Opsec.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:52:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:....
Yeah, well, when me and my operational team are planning our assault on the local Golden Corral with our Baofangs we need to ensure the "Feds" don't swoop in and disconnect the battery cables on our Commander's rascal and throw off the whole timing of our cycle of passes at the chocolate waterfall.  The chaos could destroy everything.  Sorry pal, that IS Opsec.
View Quote

RIGHT ON  
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:31:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's tough to be a Golden Operator when there are no trio of chocolate fountains for the booger eaters to run their hands throught in paradise.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:01:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The cut of your jib, Sir, I like it.  Jay

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:45:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Some nets will get new ham calls from the FCC announcements and use them as radiogram recipients for traffic passing practice. OP, my guess is that you happened to get picked.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:45:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Some nets will get new ham calls from the FCC announcements and use them as radiogram recipients for traffic passing practice. OP, my guess is that you happened to get picked.
View Quote

This. NTS spam traffic, I call it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top