Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2009 5:08:34 AM EDT
I got a hold a G-12 cargo chute earlier this week, and cut it up last night. Of course the riser lines can be used just like any other rope, but what can/should I make from the panels?
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 9:12:33 AM EDT
[#1]
a smaller parachute?
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 10:29:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I got a hold a G-12 cargo chute earlier this week, and cut it up last night. Of course the riser lines can be used just like any other rope, but what can/should I make from the panels?

how big is it i got 2 chutes the other day.
and yes you can make tarps out of it..what colors are yours?
mine are sage,tan and white with some orange panels.?

Link Posted: 4/26/2009 10:50:53 AM EDT
[#3]
They are OD green. Original size was 64' diameter. I cut it up into about 9 15' x15' sections. I'm probably gonna just trash the rest as the panels start to taper after the 15' mark, not providing much usable material.
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#4]

I have a Parachute, now what to do with it...

JUMP!!!  

How's the quality of the paracord?
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 12:39:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 1:05:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

JUMP!!!  

The paracord, i.e. risers are in really good shape. Log shows only 4 drops, but I guess the last one tore up a few panels. The thing is that the paracord on this one is not like 550 cord, but rather a flat rectangular braid of soft nylon. I've got 64 of them, 50 feet long. Prolly gonna put some up on the EE here in a few days.
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 1:18:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Dude, pack it into a backpack and carry it around like in Jurassic Park, you never know when you need to base jump to get away from dinosaurs or zombies

Didn't people make wedding dresses out of them back in WWII?
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 2:18:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Dude, pack it into a backpack and carry it around like in Jurassic Park, you never know when you need to base jump to get away from dinosaurs or zombies

Didn't people make wedding dresses out of them back in WWII?

the WWII chutes were Silk, real Silk,

MY French Aunt and her Mom and sisters, made underwear, bras, panties, slips, out of one duing the war..

Link Posted: 4/26/2009 2:39:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

JUMP!!!  

The paracord, i.e. risers are in really good shape. Log shows only 4 drops, but I guess the last one tore up a few panels. The thing is that the paracord on this one is not like 550 cord, but rather a flat rectangular braid of soft nylon. I've got 64 of them, 50 feet long. Prolly gonna put some up on the EE here in a few days.

I was wondering how the cord on the latest chute offerings compared to 550.
Thanks for the report.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 10:46:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:34:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I think what you have is totally useless, and should be thrown away....send it to me and I'll dispose of it properly.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:24:06 AM EDT
[#12]
a parachute makes a excellent camo tarp. they are actually much better in many ways than actual camo nets. my game warden buddy swears by it, he tried to use a military camo net, to hide his truck at night, while looking for poachers. he said it worked great, ( except it took 15 minutes to get it off the truck, it snags on everything, mirrors, lights, antennas, etc.), which any veteran can testify.. he bought a parachute, used some spray paint for a camo pattern. said it worked great. covered the truck, hid it really well, and with one quick yank it slides right off, since its all nylon material, plus it weighs a lot less, takes up a lot less space., iv been wanting to get one for my atv, for hunting season. .....
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:36:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
a parachute makes a excellent camo tarp. they are actually much better in many ways than actual camo nets. my game warden buddy swears by it, he tried to use a military camo net, to hide his truck at night, while looking for poachers. he said it worked great, ( except it took 15 minutes to get it off the truck, it snags on everything, mirrors, lights, antennas, etc.), which any veteran can testify.. he bought a parachute, used some spray paint for a camo pattern. said it worked great. covered the truck, hid it really well, and with one quick yank it slides right off, since its all nylon material, plus it weighs a lot less, takes up a lot less space., iv been wanting to get one for my atv, for hunting season. .....

Ditto on the camo net snagging on everything.....Damn nightmare......Hated those things

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:25:50 PM EDT
[#14]
makes a nice hammock
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top