Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2015 2:19:19 PM EDT
How to set up amplified speaker for Yaesu VX8R so it can be heard over ATV or vehicle noise?

Is amplification really necessary or would a plain external speaker be more audible in itself?

[I realize this is subjective
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:42:33 PM EDT
[#1]
It depends on how much noise your ATV makes. A non-amplified speaker will do the job in most cases.
I believe your radio has a Bluetooth module. I would highly recommend to use a EcoXgear amplified speaker. I bought one to use with my KX3 and was amazed by it's superb audio quality and good volume. They sell them at Costco for $37 too. It's waterproof and holds battery charge for a long time. I use it's auxiliary input but it can be used with a Bluetooth wireless link. I since bought another one and have been using it with my FTDX3000 base rig. It sounds even better than my high dollar Klipsch center channel speaker. You won't be disappointed.
They also sell a handlebar mount for the speaker.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 3:05:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Ever thought of using a headset instead?
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 3:33:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ever thought of using a headset instead?
View Quote

Completely unusable for our application.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 3:36:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It depends on how much noise your ATV makes. A non-amplified speaker will do the job in most cases.
I believe your radio has a Bluetooth module. I would highly recommend to use a EcoXgear amplified speaker. I bought one to use with my KX3 and was amazed by it's superb audio quality and good volume. They sell them at Costco for $37 too. It's waterproof and holds battery charge for a long time. I use it's auxiliary input but it can be used with a Bluetooth wireless link. I since bought another one and have been using it with my FTDX3000 base rig. It sounds even better than my high dollar Klipsch center channel speaker. You won't be disappointed.
View Quote

This is interesting for other aps.

However, I don't have the Bluetooth option. I just want a wired conx.

For anyone interested in the B-T option and set-up:

Here:

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 3:48:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Here:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here:

You can use it with an optional cable that has 3.5mm connectors on both ends. This is what I do with my radios.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 4:45:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a VX-8DR and probably the best investment so far has been the hand mic.  It's plenty loud when the radio is turned up to 32.  I assume the headset is out due to using the HT as a mobile while you're moving around.  Bluetooth is still an option as it's a simple plug-n-play module.  If you're set on a remote speaker, you'll need a powered unit as you'll suck down the HT battery quickly trying to drive an unpowered speaker.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 6:09:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Jawbone jambox..comes with the connector you need and is als Bluetooth capable...have linked my vx8 with it before and it worked well
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top