Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2011 5:04:54 AM EDT
We caught a few hogs on Easter and thought we'd put together a video showing how to get them out of a trap live by hand.

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 5:31:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for posting.
How much do you sell your traps for ?
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 5:41:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Clicked on this thread thinking it was about ARFcommers getting the wimmins out of the local bar.

Nice job and thanks for posting the vid.

How do you handle a really huge hog?
Just shoot it?
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 5:51:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thanks for posting.
How much do you sell your traps for ?

Those are some traps we just built for ourselves from scrap tractor crates we got for $25. The ones we build to sell are bigger.
Link Posted: 4/26/2011 5:52:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Clicked on this thread thinking it was about ARFcommers getting the wimmins out of the local bar.

Nice job and thanks for posting the vid.

Just shoot it?

Man I damn near pissed myself.  

Keep up the videos PonyBoy.  Good stuff!

Link Posted: 4/26/2011 6:20:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Just shoot it?

Dead hogs aren't worth any money. We rarely shoot hogs in a trap. With big hogs you just have to be more careful.

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#6]
"dead hogs aren't worth any money"

How much is a live hog worth and who do you sell them to?
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:44:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
"dead hogs aren't worth any money"

How much is a live hog worth and who do you sell them to?

It depends on the weight and the going rate since the price changes regularly. The price can range from $5 for an 80lb hog up to $150 or more for a 250lb hog. We sell hogs to hog buyers for companies like Frontier Meats and we also sell hogs to high fenced game ranches so that somebody else can hunt them.

The big hogs like 200lbs plus are usually worth more to game ranches than the meat processors.

Link Posted: 4/28/2011 6:03:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Is it wrong for me to think that I'd really like to roast one of those piglets and eat the hams like a turkey drum stick?

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:08:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Is it wrong for me to think that I'd really like to roast one of those piglets and eat the hams like a turkey drum stick?

We got one just a little bigger than the biggest one of those and cooked it in a hole wrapped in banana leaves and it was awesome!
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:29:26 PM EDT
[#10]
That sounds good Ponyboy!  I know I'd really like to give hog hunting a try.  However, I guess we're pretty fortunate that we don't have wild pig problems up here in Pennsylvania......yet....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top