Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2011 8:27:37 PM EDT
For some reason i cannot find the threads i saved about it.

My girls love the chocolate but one only likes the regular.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 4:23:51 AM EDT
The times I've used it I only mix 1/2 gallon at once and it gets used within a day.

I've found that adding 1 Tbsp of vanilla flavoring to it makes it a lot more palatable.  My daughter actually likes it better than the chocolate flavored Moo.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:51:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bubbles:

The times I've used it I only mix 1/2 gallon at once and it gets used within a day.

I've found that adding 1 Tbsp of vanilla flavoring to it makes it a lot more palatable.  My daughter actually likes it better than the chocolate flavored Moo.

Thanks will give the vanilla a try.

Been 3.5 days on the gallon but it's almost gone.

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:57:49 PM EDT
What is 'Morning Moo'?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:59:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By dab2:
What is 'Morning Moo'?

milk....well....dry milk mix....
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:03:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Bubbles:

If you want to get the viscosity right....we found that 1 tbsp of vanilla pudding mix (per gal).....gives it that slick feel....and helps flavor it a bit....my kids will drink a gallon in a couple days....easy...
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:23:05 PM EDT
shelf life?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:10:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bigshooter81:
shelf life?

Depends on the shelf.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:24:52 AM EDT
We found the more vanilla extract you use the longer it keeps. We get about 5 days in a 2 liter lemon-lime soda bottle on the top shelf. Also, don't use a plastic bottle that had any lemon juice in it. I used a bottle that had home made lemonade in it (1 cup lemon juice+3/4 cup Altern to 1 gal. water) and it would go bad in 2 days. I guess some of the lemon stayed in the plastic.

We switched to Honeyville's milk alternative. It tastes a little better and is cheaper. If you live near one of their stores, the "milk" is a good bit cheaper than shipping it.  http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/milksubstitute25lb.aspx   Looks like the price went up $5 since I ordered some last month.
Top Top