Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2018 6:10:58 PM EDT
Hello mate,

Have a very good day to all. As the title says it all: I need your help to choose the best ear protection for shooting. Do you know any reliable source for this kind of products? Yesterday I searched on google and found few websites which offer different ear protection for shooting. I found this one very decent, reliable and reasonable price https://www.geekwrapped.com/guides/best-ear-protection-for-shooting-ranges What's your opinion on this?

Thanks for your reply. :)
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 10:37:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/5/2018 10:39:46 PM EDT by ROCK6]
That's a loaded question. Are you talking static range or dynamic? Do you want electronic? What's your budget range? Are you shooting predominantly pistol or rifle? If rifle, do you need a perfect cheek-weld (no optics) or are you using optics? Are you wearing headgear, such as a MICH? I probably have a dozen different types, but the most used are my MSA Sordin Supreme (they fit under my MICH very well), and for more active stuff, simple Surefire Defenders (usually carried as backup even when my electronic muffs are used. Peltor is another quality brand. There are hundreds of choices and opinions, so it helps to narrow down your intended use.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 1:24:53 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ROCK6:
That's a loaded question. Are you talking static range or dynamic? Do you want electronic? What's your budget range? Are you shooting predominantly pistol or rifle? If rifle, do you need a perfect cheek-weld (no optics) or are you using optics? Are you wearing headgear, such as a MICH? I probably have a dozen different types, but the most used are my MSA Sordin Supreme (they fit under my MICH very well), and for more active stuff, simple Surefire Defenders (usually carried as backup even when my electronic muffs are used. Peltor is another quality brand. There are hundreds of choices and opinions, so it helps to narrow down your intended use.

ROCK6
View Quote
These are insightful and valid qualifying questions, well asked, and well worth answering. If what you wanted was a recommendation for simple earplugs, I'll endorse the moldable-to-custom-fit Radians brand plugs --- 26 NRD rating, unobtrusive/non-interfering with cheek weld, or other apparatus, comfortable, and, available in cute colors, too ---bandaid/untanned-causasian fleshtone, Barbi pink, flaming orange, frostbite blue, etc. Used these without issues or complaint during my last visit to the Big Sandy Machine Gun Shoot, which is really, really loud for hours. For hunting use, get the screw-in lanyards, drape them around your neck and hear what's going on around you, until showtime.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 5:25:50 PM EDT
Laser light earplugs.

32db NRR

You can also get the corded ones. If you want protection you need to focus on what the decibel reduction rating is.

Attachment Attached File
Top Top