Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/16/2009 11:28:30 AM EST
I've been storing Honeyvilles Instant Potato Flakes for long term storage and decided I would give them a try. I usually taste test all my preps but I had skipped the instant potatoes because I figured there instant potatoes how bad can they be. Well in my opinion they remind me of the rice ceral we used to feed my daughter when she was a baby. Come SHTF I would be more than happy with them. However if anyone has any suggestions to spice them up I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Mike
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:44:49 AM EST
Tabasco,garlic salt,bacon bits
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:45:02 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:40:49 PM EST
Originally Posted By WinstonXL:
I've been storing Honeyvilles Instant Potato Flakes for long term storage and decided I would give them a try. I usually taste test all my preps but I had skipped the instant potatoes because I figured there instant potatoes how bad can they be. Well in my opinion they remind me of the rice ceral we used to feed my daughter when she was a baby. Come SHTF I would be more than happy with them. However if anyone has any suggestions to spice them up I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Mike

1. Add brown gravy and extra water
2. Add onion flakes and garlic
3. Always salt and pepper.
3. Add molly mcbutter instead of real butter since I am calorie watching. Me likey Side not the Molly Mcbutter has high salt so watch adding salt.

Shit I like them as much as the real deal but I was rasied kinda like TJ and there was an 8 year Army stint.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:47:40 PM EST
Thanks for the advice. I will keep experimenting till I get it right.
Top Top