Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/13/2010 6:02:43 AM EDT
I found this page a while back, it may be of interest to someone:
http://net-prophet.net/ci/8CAMPERSHELL/camper.htm
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:10:10 AM EDT
I have to say pretty un-impressive, I would rather have a regular fiberglass top.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:17:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ag04blast:
I have to say pretty un-impressive, I would rather have a regular fiberglass top.

I bet the wood one outweights the fiberglass one too.

J-

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:33:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jjc155:
Originally Posted By ag04blast:

I bet the wood one outweights the fiberglass one too.

J-

The one in the link suffers from lack of creativity. If wood is done right it is lighter than fiberglass. The advantage of fiberglass is that a person can make complex shapes more easily. As a structural material fiberglass gets heavy though.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:12:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:26:58 AM EDT
If you are into building your own, check out glen-l. They have plans for a cap plus other campers.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:55:41 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Burban89:
If you are into building your own, check out glen-l. They have plans for a cap plus other campers.

Oh wow thats got me thinking.......

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:52:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Feral:
I kinda like it.

It's ugly but heavy duty. I like the fact that you can throw stuff on top without having to resort to racks. OTOH, my chainsaw does not agree that it's "high security."

I chuckled.

There is a certain A-Team level of 'security' that most people live by. Wood and metal can deflect bullets, and locks are unbreakable because the TV commercial shows a bullet striking them.

T
Top Top