That snake at :55:

Link Posted: 12/23/2011 6:27:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That's a 6'3" diamondback

Link Posted: 12/23/2011 6:54:14 AM EDT
[#3]
This video is now Michael Waddell approved.

Link Posted: 12/23/2011 8:40:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Great video!  Your TX plates are still my favorite!
Link Posted: 12/23/2011 9:44:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like hell it was.

That was mutha-fawking-crazy, that's what that was!!!!

As crazy as that is, I'd love to see catch snakes like that in person one day.  Hence, I am officially adding you to my bucket list.  What do you charge???  
Link Posted: 12/23/2011 2:12:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like hell it was.

As crazy as that is, I'd love to see catch snakes like that in person one day.  Hence, I am officially adding you to my bucket list.  What do you charge???  

We caught 2 big ones that day. The one shown in the video and another one that was 5.5' long. I'll get the video of when we first caught that big one put together soon. When we first saw it, it was completely stretched out at the bottom of a little cliff. I couldn't believe how big it was.

We dumped them out back at deer camp to show the guys that stayed behind. The clip in the video was me catching it again to put it back in the bag. There's some video that wouldn't go over too well here of one of the guys that's deathly scared of snakes that was standing "watch" while we had them out.

If you're ever around when we're out catching them you can tag along and watch. People who don't know what they're doing don't get to play with them, it's too dangerous. That big one has enough juice in him to kill several grown men.

Link Posted: 12/23/2011 5:33:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like hell it was.

We caught 2 big ones that day. The one shown in the video and another one that was 5.5' long. I'll get the video of when we first caught that big one put together soon. When we first saw it, it was completely stretched out at the bottom of a little cliff. I couldn't believe how big it was.

We dumped them out back at deer camp to show the guys that stayed behind. The clip in the video was me catching it again to put it back in the bag. There's some video that wouldn't go over too well here of one of the guys that's deathly scared of snakes that was standing "watch" while we had them out.

If you're ever around when we're out catching them you can tag along and watch. People who don't know what they're doing don't get to play with them, it's too dangerous. That big one has enough juice in him to kill several grown men.

No fawking shit, you think????????????  

ETA:  Yea, that's what I'm talking about, tagging a long and watching you and your kind doing your thing.  I think rattlers are fascinating as hell, but no way do I want to catch one.   Thanks,
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 7:03:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Way to put some pigs down Mike
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:34:18 AM EDT
[#10]
That's a huge snake!!

Sweet video too!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:50:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That's a huge snake!!

Sweet video too!

Got a call yesterday from Doug, the guy that's holding the bag. He catches snakes professionally and measured the snake at 6'3" when he got it home the day after we caught it. He said that he got a guy to help him measure it again and it's since gotten used to him handling it so it was more relaxed which keeps it from constricting and he could stretch it out to its full length. He said the actual length is 6'7".

That's a huge snake. Beats the biggest one I've ever been involved in catching by over a foot!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top