Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2008 2:49:51 PM EDT
They look like Jerry cans by a different name.

Anyone have any experience with them? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on one to give it a try unless someone comes back with a bad comment on them.

Thanks,

Link

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:37:19 PM EDT
[#1]
yes, these are blitz aka= jerry cans ...they are fine ,just find a good spout ...vince g. 11b inf..
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:39:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one. I didn't buy more because I was told they are prone to leaking on the seams.
I think that really depends on how roughly you treat them... mine has been ok.

The real problem is finding a decent spout -- notice that there is no bleed-hole on the back of the can. If you buy the flexible metal tube spout you can turn the thing upside down and nothing comes out after the first half pint or so. The new plastic spouts are ok ... but you have to have something to push them against to open the spout, and they are S L O W, but still faster than the flexible metal.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:43:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 5 of them.  The goose necks drip a little gasoline, but they are okay.  I like the metal cans over the plastic because metal is stronger.  BUT they do dent if you drop things on them etc.

If you get spare round gaskets between the can and spout, be sure to get the correct ones for gasoline. The cheapies are for diesel fuel are made of neoprene.  The good ones are viton rubber, the last I check they were like $5 each.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Had two on the back of my jeep and they both rusted out at the seam.  Maybe I got a couple of poorly finished cans by I won't use them again.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:23:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I had some and they also rusted out and leaked all over. With the rust came crap and particles that went into my engine when I filled it. When they swell due to elevation changes or heat of the day it sometimes can be a pain in the ass to get the lid off without something to pry it with. Overall, I prefer the plastic MFC's. My $0.02
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top