Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2008 7:11:04 PM EDT
I just got one of NOLS catalogs and sent them an email about  if I could use my G.I bill on any of there courses they told me this was one of the only ones that I could use the G.I bill on. So what I'd like to know is has anyone out there done this course or know anyone that has or has taken any course that is given my NOLS? I see a lot of great survival info that I might gain for this and hell it's 19 college hours also.

The course I'm looking at!
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 8:10:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Good class although it is geared towards people who want to teach outdoor classes or courses.  Have you looked into W.M.I. (Wilderness Meidcal Institue) it is a branch of NOLS and is a wilderness EMT school.  Once completed you can take the national EMT-B test.  I am slated to take the spring class.  

I can't imagine that they won't take your GI bill money for that.  NOLS is very highly respected in the wilderness/outdoor community so just about any class you can take through them will be worth it though.

Shoot me an email if you would like more info.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 9:59:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Good class although it is geared towards people who want to teach outdoor classes or courses.  Have you looked into W.M.I. (Wilderness Meidcal Institue) it is a branch of NOLS and is a wilderness EMT school.  Once completed you can take the national EMT-B test.  I am slated to take the spring class.  

I can't imagine that they won't take your GI bill money for that.  NOLS is very highly respected in the wilderness/outdoor community so just about any class you can take through them will be worth it though.

Shoot me an email if you would like more info.

I'm going to look in to that after I take the other course.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 12:07:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I learn everything I'll ever need to know by watching Survivorman and Man vs. Wild.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 2:29:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I learn everything I'll ever need to know by watching Survivorman and Man vs. Wild.

Thats scary!
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 2:42:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats scary!

With Bear its more of what NOT to do.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:50:25 AM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Quoted:

I can only take so much of either one of them. I watched a few episodes of both and pretty much lost interest.

I have just about had my fill of les stroud saying he doesn't advocate killing lizards or anything else for food, but he's hungry and needs the energy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top