Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/25/2008 4:07:46 PM EDT
Just getting into shooting a bow and need some input on releases. My buddy cut a finger off so I am using his release while he heals up. It is a cobra brand with a good trigger but the strap SUCKS. It is a pain to do anything with it on and starts to dig into you wrist after about ten shots. It starts to feel like a loop of wire pulling on you wrist. What do you use and like?
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 4:33:45 PM EDT
Scott little goose

It's compact and smooth. In addition to being very adjustable, it is also quite comfortable. I tried out a wide variety of them and I liked it the best. If you have a pro-shop by you, it wouldn't hurt to give them all a shot. It's kind of like buying boots, what works for me may not make you happy.

One other thing to consider is if you shoot a loop or not.
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 5:05:47 PM EDT
Thanks, I do have a loop on the bow. My main reason for asking is that I think they will all be comfortable for the first dozen shots or so. Don't think I can spend that much time in a pro shop.
Link Posted: 6/26/2008 6:58:43 AM EDT
I recently changed over to a Truball Short and sweet 2 and really like it. I was shooting a Jim Fletcher Fletch hook before that.

For Target I have a Carter Solution 3
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 10:46:41 AM EDT
Scott Wildcat

Little goose in my pack as a back up.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:57:59 PM EDT
Scott releases are the only way to go in my opinion. You pay a premium for them but I feel they're worth every penny.

I hear Carter makes a good one too.
Link Posted: 7/27/2008 10:56:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/27/2008 10:57:46 AM EDT by M4Madness]
Link Posted: 8/6/2008 10:31:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/9/2008 5:39:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By M4Madness:
I prefer a glove-type release over a wriststrap-type. Mine was made by Tru-Ball, and probably isn't made anymore. I've seen a similar one for sale by Cabela's:

Free Flight Loop Hook Release

I bought one of those from a place called Knutson's in Brooklyn, Michigan about 10 years ago and gave my other releases away.

I never could get comfortable with a strap release.
Link Posted: 8/12/2008 4:46:56 PM EDT
Any of the Scott releases are pretty dang good. I currently use a silverhorn buckle and love it.
Top Top