Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2007 12:54:35 PM EDT
Anyone have any recomendations for some zombie fiction i can pick up. I love the stuff here but want something else I can pick up that is already complete. I looked online a bit and got some ideas but would love some input from everyone here.
Link Posted: 9/17/2007 1:03:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Day by day Armageddon by JL Bourne, the best there is, nothing I've read comes close.
Link Posted: 9/17/2007 3:35:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Day by day Armageddon by JL Bourne, the best there is, nothing I've read comes close.

It better be DAMNED good!  I just checked a few sites, and the cheapest I can find it is $85 + shipping USED or $100 new!  
Link Posted: 9/17/2007 5:09:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Dear god, don't buy it  now! It's about to be re-released and the previous publication is out of print. goto www.raptorman.us and check out the status. You can also read a portion of the book online. And it's a good sized chunk to, not just a 3 page snapshot.

Honestly, I havn't found a better one yet, though there are some good ones out there other then Day by Day Armagedon. "The Cell" by Stephen King is a good one, though it isn't technically zombies in the traditional sence, it's still a good read. Also, "World War Z" is ok but it's not technically a single story, but is written as a collection of reports AFTER a world wide zombie infestation.

If you are after zombie-like stuff there is "The Zombie Survival Guide" which isn't technically a zombie story, more like a field guide to surviving a zombie infestation, attack strategies, ext.

There are a number of books about zombies that I am looking at that are published by permuted press. Check them out at Permuted Press. I can't say what there quality is, but so far they all look promising. It's also the company that's going to be re-releasing Day by Day Armagedon and will likley be publishing Day by Day Armagedon 2, and another story J.L. Bourne has in the works that at one time was titled "Dead Land" but has been changed to something else that is based in the same world as Day by Day Armagedon.

Anywho, I like zombies too.
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 4:38:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It better be DAMNED good!  I just checked a few sites, and the cheapest I can find it is $85 + shipping USED or $100 new!  

That's just daft, I was reading on the HOTEL 23 Forum, Raptorman says he's rather unhappy about the price they are being offered for, I got mine about a year ago for £8 on Amazon, wait for the re-release, its well worth it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 9:52:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I got my copy of Day by Day Armageddon for $15 or so over a year ago.  The price will come down once it gets rereleased.  Here is a link to a bunch of zombie journals on livejournal.com community.livejournal.com/deadlog/profile Some of the better stories on that site are Alpha Dog's, Scarecrow's and sirtoga's.  Also, if you go to the forums at www.tacticalunderground.us you can find a lot of stories.  The finished ones are in a separate subforum from the works in progress.  Outcast is amazing.  It's one of the best zombie stories that I've ever read (rivaling Raptorman's)  Check that one out first.  Also look for After the Fall and End of Days in the ongoing story forum.  If you're looking for something a little different go check out Monster Island www.brokentype.com/monster/.  It's the first book in a 3 book series.  I haven't gotten around to reading the last two yet but Monster Island was pretty good.  I've heard that the Morningstar Saga is pretty good but I haven't read it.  There isn't a whole lot of really good zombie fiction out there but luckily most of it is free.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2007 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 7:59:12 PM EDT
[#7]
The Walking Dead - A graphic novel - b&w comic book - of surviviors vs zombies.

Gunplay, betrayal, zombies, nudity, more zombies, and more gun play.

I think there are a four hardcover volumes out. Borders has them.

Av.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:07:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Autumn was good. It's the first in a series. The first one is free to download, the others have the first few chapters, but you have to buy the rest.

Here is the official site
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top