Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2007 6:50:56 PM EDT
Hey I am looking for a golf cart to ride around on the farm and to take my daughter and wife on short trips close to where we live(out in the country) up and down the dirt roads here. I want a gas golf cart. No need for a mule type vehicle. My neighbor has a Polaris Ranger 4x4 for sale and we tried that, but it was pretty loud and rough riding. My Pa in law has a gas golf cart with a lift and the big tires we love. I am wanting something similar, except I want a dump bed on the back so I can haul some stuff around the yard and use it for light utility work.
I have found an 01 EZ Go Workhorse with a dump bed, in really good shape at a golf cart dealer. He will go through it, inspect it, replace the belts if need be, change oil, air filter, full service. Tires will be like new, new hubcaps, and very clean. It also has a trailer hitch on it.No lift kit. He wants 2500 for it and it has an hour meter that shows 1215 hours. It has an 11hp Vtwin engine. Not sure what make. The whole cart looks like it has never been off the pavement. Is this a fair deal. It is the best I have found so far. Any help is appreciated.
Chris
I am in S Ga
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 1:14:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 12:43:58 PM EDT
[#2]
bad boy buggie my uncle just got one...haven't seen it yet but he said it's SWEET...check out the videos too...they drive that thing up a tree!
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 1:09:33 PM EDT
[#3]
You might want to check out Bristols Chuck Wagon, 11hp Honda motor for around $3500, much better than a golf cart for light farm duty.  It has a dump bed and runs about 20mph
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 1:10:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 11:22:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the Chuck Wagon. Will have to see if I can find one here in GA.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 10:49:46 AM EDT
[#6]
If you are going to use it for work I would go with the JD Gator. It's not a golf cart but I would prefer the power.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 7:13:06 PM EDT
[#7]
OP, I have gone through the anaylsis for our family, looked at the gator ($$$$) and finally settled on a gas Ez go.  ez go cause they are everywhere, parts are available.  My little gas cart is strictly for our farm work.  I wish I HAD A workhorse.    2500 seems great for what you described.  

check out www.buggiesunlimited.com for some great info.  

in short, if you bleed dollars, get the gator...diesel HPX to be exact.  IF you are a regular guy, family, want to get the job done and save money, ez go cart.....

one final thing..I used my gas ez go to tow a farm cart loaded with fence posts up a steep hill....very heavy load.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 9:59:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, we decided to get the Workhorse ST 1200 above. Will pick it up the first of the week. It will be cleaned up and serviced. Pretty excited about it. Thanks guys, the other suggestions were just way out of our price range and with the exception of the JD, parts and service were not available. We have local EZ G0 service and until very recently, the Textron plant that produces these very cart bodies was located in my hometown. I put out some fires there over the last 11 years. Good chance I may have saved this cart from a demise somehow.
Anyway, thanks for all of the suggestions and I hope that this turns out good.
Chris'
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 8:36:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hey I am looking for a golf cart to ride around on the farm and to take my daughter and wife on short trips close to where we live(out in the country) up and down the dirt roads here. I want a gas golf cart. No need for a mule type vehicle. My neighbor has a Polaris Ranger 4x4 for sale and we tried that, but it was pretty loud and rough riding. My Pa in law has a gas golf cart with a lift and the big tires we love. I am wanting something similar, except I want a dump bed on the back so I can haul some stuff around the yard and use it for light utility work.
I have found an 01 EZ Go Workhorse with a dump bed, in really good shape at a golf cart dealer. He will go through it, inspect it, replace the belts if need be, change oil, air filter, full service. Tires will be like new, new hubcaps, and very clean. It also has a trailer hitch on it.No lift kit. He wants 2500 for it and it has an hour meter that shows 1215 hours. It has an 11hp Vtwin engine. Not sure what make. The whole cart looks like it has never been off the pavement. Is this a fair deal. It is the best I have found so far. Any help is appreciated.
Chris
I am in S Ga

I looking for a Ranger what are the details on the one for sale, if you don't mind,

Grove
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:57:07 PM EDT
[#10]
It is an 03 4x4 in excellent shape. It has 250 hours on it and has never seen mud. No leaks, been serviced more regularly than the book calls for and kept very clean. It has a roof and a windshield, and a heater that can be installed. It is a unit kind of like the old Toyota Landcruisers that had the rear heater in the floor. It is in Ga though. I notice you are in MO. That is a pretty long haul. My neighbor wants 5800 for it, but it is negotiable. I think for a utility vehicle it is an awesome deal. Very heavy duty. It will go like rip too. It will spin both tires and dig trenches in the yard from a stop. I accidentally tore up my yard with it Runs about 45 wide open. Faster than any other utility type vehicle, but almost too fast for what it is. Pretty scary on anything but the road. It has a manual dump bed, and good tires. No problems or issues with it at all.
Chris
Anything else just ask.
BTW, I did get the Workhorse and love it. Tried it out today with the family and it is great. Now to PIMP it out!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:39:58 PM EDT
[#11]
eng208,  Is your dump bed manual tilt or elect/hydro power? Heavy loads are sometimes hard to dump manually.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:52:46 AM EDT
[#12]
It's manual. I can see how it would be difficult to dump anything loaded. It is a bear empty to lift. I got the dump mainly to carry stuff, not to dump. I think it will work fine for my needs. I am sure it wouldn't be too hard to install an electric servo to dump it though. Albeit a little expensive. Might even think about putting a hydraulic manual lift on it no more than I would need the assistance.
Eng208
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top