Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2008 10:06:20 AM EDT
on my TS-520, the LOAD control knob.....
which way is the lowest setting?? to the left or right???
I'm assuming the S model is the same as the pre S
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 11:32:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, I think that's the first time I've ever had a thread addressed to me. I feel kinda special.

The LOAD control should start counterclockwise. I know it's confusing since the knob's "pointer" arcs from 3:00 (min) to 9:00 (max) IIRC.

Here's one point of advice -- I learned that my particular TS-520 won't get to K4EAA's "sweet spot" of 225ma of plate current. I would have to turn my LOAD up so far to reach that it would throw my tuning way out of whack. Through a direct dialog with Ken K4EAA it sounds like it's just a quirk of my rig. It runs like a champ-een though!
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#2]
ok,, got it.. I have the original manual for it, but it doesn't realy say which way is what.

I've been on that page several times and printed it out.
my plate won't dip not at all, because it's already on "0" and from the yahoo boards, they say that's a good thing, don't worry about it. I've always kept my Load straight down, 6 o'clock and all was well.. I haven't burned anything up yet.. I'll keep that at 3 o'clock and see what happens.
thanks for the help
Mike

I love my old radio.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top