Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2010 5:17:13 AM EDT
Anyone have any experience with this genny?  Can you go wrong for $200?

http://www.aldifoods.com/us/html/offers/2867_12183_ENU_HTML.htm

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:49:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Made hot for the hotlink challenged.

http://www.aldifoods.com/us/html/offers/2867_12183_ENU_HTML.htm

I have that identical genny, but I bought it from TSC under a different name brand. It's ok for light use, but I wish I would have paid a little more for higher wattage.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:48:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Any idea what the amperage rating on the "12v" output is?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:16:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Forget it. Chinese junk by any other name is still chinese junk. You could stick a supercharger and an NOS bottle on it, has Xibit and his homies pimp it, and it would STILL be chinese junk.

The above sounds belligerant, I know, but essentially the genny in that link will let you down when you need it. If it don't say Honda, Kubota, or Yanmar on it, then its either chinese junk, or has chinese junk components in it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:31:32 PM EDT
[#4]
What do you get when you buy cheap chinese tools?

Cheap chinese tools.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:45:40 PM EDT
[#5]
go for it. Abuse the hell out of it during the return policy, and see how it holds out. That's the beauty of refund policies, buy it with a credit card and you have even more protection, cause you can dispute the charges. I am just talking out of my ass at this point

$200 is a great deal.

Big lots carries a very similar model for around the same price.

Besides, everything is made in china. I don't get why people knock items made in china, weird
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:17:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Waste 200 dollars on Junk that burns up a deep well pump and then see what it cost you. Guy I work with just burned up hundreds of dollars of electrical stuff with a no name piece of crap Chinese genny. He won't be laughing about the cost of my Honda's anymore. If he had had a deep well pump the bill would have been thousands.

Honda open frame or Honda eu series just aren't that much more than junk.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:59:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Dont listen to the generator snobs. What are you planning on running on it? Is it for emergency use to run lights, window ac and the such? If so go for it. If you are planning on running sensetive equipment with it then you might pass and get a better quality one. Some people on this site think everyone has 900 dollars to spend on a whim. I for one cant spend that kind of money on a gennie that I harly ever  use. I can justify a couple hundred on one though. I paid about 800 for my bigger one but I didnt have much of a choice it was in the middle of an ice storm.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:38:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Dont listen to the generator snobs. What are you planning on running on it? Is it for emergency use to run lights, window ac and the such? If so go for it. If you are planning on running sensetive equipment with it then you might pass and get a better quality one. Some people on this site think everyone has 900 dollars to spend on a whim. I for one cant spend that kind of money on a gennie that I harly ever  use. I can justify a couple hundred on one though. I paid about 800 for my bigger one but I didnt have much of a choice it was in the middle of an ice storm.

Considering a generator can save lives, especially for those with medical needs. I would say its pretty important to have a reliable one. If all you have to do is power your window AC unit and play Wii, then get what you want.

Besides, everything is made in china. I don't get why people knock items made in china, weird.

Patriots prefer things made in America. We don't like to buy shit made from shit in a shit country that every greedy sonuvabitch who tickled Clinton's balls got their way to have him back world trade agreements during his tenure that wound up fucking real-good the average american worker. Gaah! This pisses me off so much. Everythings made in China because the rich get richer that way, and uninformed, ambivolent consumers only perpetuate this situation.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:40:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Whoo killer take a deap breath. Thats fine for you to get the very best generator that money can buy. I am proud of you. I dont remember reading in the OP anything about this being a life and death situation here. He may very well have another generator for all we know. This one would probably do him just fine, he would be 10 steps ahead of most people just owning this one. I know there are alot of high strung/strange fellows on these boards but wow.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:46:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top