Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2013 4:43:00 PM EDT
These are a couple pics I downloaded off my game camera this morning.  I have seen this buck before but never his whole body.   That's an odd something on his chest.  Hopefully it's not terminal, cause that's not a bad buck.  In a couple years he could be be very nice.  Anyone have an idea or thought of what could have caused that thing on his chest.

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 4:46:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Fatty tumor?
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Could be a Kardashian deer with a boob job like that.

fatty lipoma?
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:26:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Doesn't look like fibromatosis. My guess is either Fibroma or Lipoma. Could be cancerous and he'll continue on until it impedes his ability to feed. Possible it also might be an encapsulated growth around an object that was impacted such as a stick in which it should eventually get pushed out and the area will heal.

Won't know for sure until you harvest him
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:37:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe bobweaver nailed it. And it hasn't effected the deers health yet. He seems to be in good shape and healthy.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:34:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Doesn't look like fibromatosis. My guess is either Fibroma or Lipoma. Could be cancerous and he'll continue on until it impedes his ability to feed. Possible it also might be an encapsulated growth around an object that was impacted such as a stick in which it should eventually get pushed out and the area will heal.

Won't know for sure until you harvest him
View Quote

Thanks for the info bobweaver.  In my 39 years I've never seen such a thing on a deer.  I'll research the terms you have presented.  I more than likely will never harvest this deer as I'm sure the night and road hunters will get him before me.  If I had a choice I'd give him at least another 3 years.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 6:44:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Not unusual, not a problem for the hunter, almost common.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 12:30:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I got a picture this year of a buck with the same type of growth. Posted it up here Growth Post. I found some information on the Michigan DNR site about Hydrocyst. Apparently its common and only the brisket is bad but the rest of the meat is fine if you decide to take the deer this year.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 3:36:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I have about a dozen pics of this deer from last year, she was eating fine and seemed healthy.  I'm going to check my trail cams again this year and see if there's still a deer with a growth, but it seems like this is a common occurrence.  My Dad said he has seen this before as well.

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/6827/tzh9.jpg

Link Posted: 10/22/2013 4:09:59 PM EDT
[#9]
somewhere I have picks of a buck with a nut sack like that well more like a soccer ball
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 6:26:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I got a picture this year of a buck with the same type of growth. Posted it up here Growth Post. I found some information on the Michigan DNR site about Hydrocyst. Apparently its common and only the brisket is bad but the rest of the meat is fine if you decide to take the deer this year.
View Quote

Interesting.  thanks for the info.  Hopefully he makes it thru the season.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 11:55:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I believe bobweaver nailed it. And it hasn't effected the deers health yet. He seems to be in good shape and healthy.
View Quote

but there may be a gallon of puss in there too, in which case he may be good for YOU to eat, but not for ME.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 4:44:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

but there may be a gallon of puss in there too, in which case he may be good for YOU to eat, but not for ME.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Inject it with Dillo Dust about a week prior to harvesting him, should give a nice buttery flavor
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:29:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I was thinking maybe a broadhead and an infection.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top