Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2018 11:37:20 PM EDT
I know absolutely ZERO about these other than you hang them up and they take a quick picture/short video of something that sets a motion sensor off. That's about as far as it goes.

I've never used one but have come across a few remote areas in the desert, like a man made watering hole, that I would love to put something out and see what actually hangs around there to then plan a route in and shoot it all.

What trail cams are quality, don't run into electronic issues, take good/clear pictures or video? Are there features that I do/do not want? Brands to avoid? I highly doubt there will be WiFi where the cameras would be; is there a way to still somehow remotely view images or am I going to have to trek out there each time?
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 10:54:51 PM EDT
I like the Moltrie 880-i, Faster trip time and better colors. Look at the difference in these. The browning is OK but you can see why.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 12:57:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2018 1:01:43 AM EDT by falfrenzy]
Just got back from a work weekend at my hunting cabin. I have a few game cameras spread throughout for security. I installed them last December and the batteries were just about dead (8AA batteries)

They are 16 Megapixel cameras with IR lights. They take a SD card, it came with a generic 8 GB, I put in a class 10 Rugged 32 GB card as it sees considerable temperature swings.

I was quite impressed at the range, deer about 85 feet away triggered the camera.

I'll have to check to see if I have the box still, I know the company name is watermarked on all the photos i got.

I have been toying around with the idea of a solar powered Raspberry Pi and its native camera assy powered by a rechargeable battery hooked to a small solar panel. I am told there's a way to write code so that the boot memory card could be used as storage as well. But then the cost of a good game camera is cheaper.
Top Top