Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2009 4:23:55 PM EDT
I went for some broadheads and had my mind set on the Rage 2 bladeuntil the guy in the archery shop pulled out a Rage and compared it to the TEKAN. I liked the solid tip (no screws) and simplicity over the Rage. After getting home I shot them and they fly like my field tips.

Anybody else using them or have an opinion?

AAR- So I nailed my first deer with the Tekan. A high lung through the right side which came out midways on the left side. A complete pass through. ZERO blood trail that we saw, deer made it 45 yards before crashing.

The main body of the broadhead wasn't even fazed by the shoot. One of the expanding blades was so mangled it was trashed. This could have been due to impact with the ground more than likely. THe other blade was reusable. The hole was respectable on both the in and out side.

Link Posted: 9/8/2009 4:39:07 PM EDT
[#1]
i curently use the rage 3 blade and love em. i saw the tekans a couple weeks ago and to me they look about the same. and if there anything like the rage's then you'll love em
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:27:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I switched to the 3 blade Rage this year. The blades seem  really loose though, I'm not sure how they stay in place during flight. I slide them into place (flight position) and they seem to drop right out into impact position. Is this common? Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:43:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I switched to the 3 blade Rage this year. The blades seem  really loose though, I'm not sure how they stay in place during flight. I slide them into place (flight position) and they seem to drop right out into impact position. Is this common? Any suggestions?

Is the O-ring at the base of the blades in good shape?  You should feel a very, very faint "snap" when you put the blades into their flight position.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:22:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the response,

Yep, they are brand new, the O-ring is in good shape and I do notice the slight 'snap'. It just seems to me that they are held in place so loosely, I'm not sure how they could stay in position during flight, but I guess if they do, being that easy to open would be of great benefit on impact. So is this common?

I'm coming from the Spitfires that snap firmly into place and were durable as hell but I had 2 of em fail to open completely last year.

Thanks again.

Your bow season open in OH yet? I'm jealous. Have some family in Cold Water MI whose property I try to get out to once a year.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is the O-ring at the base of the blades in good shape?  You should feel a very, very faint "snap" when you put the blades into their flight position.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:20:17 PM EDT
[#5]
if your in doubt, shake your arrow, and if the sound loose or they open then there not in all the way...i found that sometimes i push them in and i think there in but there actually not, also when there in look at the o ring, theres a little hook on the blades, and if you cant see the tip of the hook then there in.

and that hole looks pretty decent, is that the left or right side shown? no blood trail is weird for a lung shot with that hole, but i have seen funnier things happen with deer. like a few years ago i shot a doe, arrow looked good as far as blood, she ran about 100 yards and didnt see any blood until about 10 yards from where we found her. arrow took a pretty good size chunk out of the heart too. if it didnt snow the night before we wouldnt of been able to follow the tracks and would of lost her
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top