Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 10/8/2007 5:01:04 AM EST
I just found this on Costco's web site.

Harvest Food Rotation System

If you had a lot of canned goods, this might be useful to you.

Costco haters, please don't junk up the thread with the "Costco hates guns" message. We know that already.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:08:37 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:45:39 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/8/2007 10:46:16 AM EST by Lifesaver]

Originally Posted By Aim4MyHead:
neat idea. But at $320 i think i could mod a pre-existing shelf for a lot less. IMO.

J

Believe it or not, that is significantly less expensive than it is on the makers web site. There it is $449 (on their home page). See here Food rotation system. Also, the Costco site offers the CanSolidator in a 2 pack for less than the maker. Two sets ( 4 units), even with the non member charge is cheaper at Costco. I don't have room for the big system. However, I ordered two sets of CanSolidators to go on the shelves I already have.

To the OP, thanks for posting about this.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:00:54 PM EST

I think I'll stick to this for $2.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:13:43 AM EST
LOL... yeah, I can see where that would work too.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:30:19 PM EST

J

Believe it or not, that is significantly less expensive than it is on the makers web site. There it is $449 (on their home page). See here Food rotation system. Also, the Costco site offers the CanSolidator in a 2 pack for less than the maker. Two sets ( 4 units), even with the non member charge is cheaper at Costco. I don't have room for the big system. However, I ordered two sets of CanSolidators to go on the shelves I already have.

To the OP, thanks for posting about this.

OMG, the Cansolidator! Oh teh noes, he has a Phased-plasma rifle in the forty watt range! Everybody run, he's out for your Mountain House!

Now on a serious note, I think the steel shelving should hold a crap load of weight, far more than something i could make outta Lumber for less cash (Lumber being the price that it is). Just my thoughts on seeing it.

jim
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:43:48 PM EST
try freecycle.com for your area or craigslist free section. in the pgh area lumber is a constant free giveaway, hell i have made many S&P scores on these two sources. i can also make sure things that i don't want are put to use by folks that will use them.

mpi
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:50:18 AM EST

Originally Posted By justbill:
www.mishobonsai.com/images/sharpie.jpg

I think I'll stick to this for $2.

That's what I've been using for years. I just use a four digit code for all my incoming cans. MM/YY. So any cans coming in this month will have "1007" written on them.
Top Top