Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2009 5:37:37 PM EDT
Anyone know an online source for surplus USGI flight gloves? I'm talking the green with gray leather trim kind. All I see online are nomex. Are the standard ones nomex or is there a plain Jane variety?
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:50:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Standard is Nomex.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Nomex is a fireproof material, its used in all standard flight gloves.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:12:01 PM EDT
[#3]
OK, thanks guys.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:12:17 PM EDT
[#4]
There are flight gloves and then there are Combat Crewman gloves. The flight gloves are lighter in color and thinner.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:23:31 PM EDT
[#5]
The flight gloves don't last that long, they are not meant for rough work. I go through a pair about twice a year and thats just flying.

Usually they last about 2 weekends working (gardining/woodwork/outdoor stuff), and about 4 weekends shooting

They are not fire proof, but fire resistant- although many people have tried using them as fire proof and learned that lesson
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:01:17 AM EDT
[#6]
check out these clearance:

flight gloves
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:36:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
check out these clearance:

flight gloves

That was a great price so I ordered some. Thanks again.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:00:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Bro, spend a little more and get the blackhawk ones. I bought several pair when I went overseas and ended up selling them to other joe's because their issue ones fell apart. I used the same pair of desert tan ones the WHOLE TIME I was deployed and they stood up very well. All I had to do was some minor stitch reinforcement to the seams on two of the fingertips which I backed up with shoe goo and they are still going today (almost two years total use.) Pay the extra money, you won't be disappointed. Quality trumps price every time.

YMMV

ETA: There's a reason those gloves are so cheap, it's because they're so cheap!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top