Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2008 6:29:00 PM EDT
A friend of mine's wife's condition has degenerated rapidly, and they need a handicap van to transport her and her wheelchair in a Bugout.  He's located in CA.  Where should he start looking for financial aid/grants/etc to buy one?

Michael
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:46:41 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
A friend of mine's wife's condition has degenerated rapidly, and they need a handicap van to transport her and her wheelchair in a Bugout.  He's located in CA.  Where should he start looking for financial aid/grants/etc to buy one?

Michael

Found a couple links that have some info:

www.adaptedvan.com/#funding

www.accesstravelcenter.com/access_resources.html#Grants_Foryour_Accessibility

My grandfather is also looking up the same things, anyone know if there is anything he can get since he was wounded pretty badly in Vietnam and it left him disabled?

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 1:33:57 PM EDT
[#2]
www.ada.gov/

About two/thirds of the way down the page there is a listing for further information with a contact number.  They should be able to put you in contact either directly with the people that can help, or to your state agency that should help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top