Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2010 6:57:52 AM EDT
Guy's,

I am looking for some feedback on Wise foods.  They state that they have a 25 year shelf like which is comparable to most #10 mountain house style cans.  What I like about them is that they are broken down to individual servings unlike the #10 cans.  Has anyone tried these.  I searched the archives but my search foo is low.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:21:27 AM EDT
[#1]
These guys?  http://www.wisefoodstorage.com/
Because I'll assume you're not talking about the junk snack food - though that may also have a 25 year shelf life...
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:31:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Your are correct sir.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 9:34:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I got a sample from them. It was good a lot like MH foods but costs a lot less.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 10:42:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quick math, it seems about 30% cheaper than MH (average cost per serving) but a whole lot less variet.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 11:14:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Wise is not notably less than MH, they just don't use real meat and their servings are pretty anemic.

ETA: Both of them have tiny servings...Just keep that in mind.

If you want cost effective food, buy rice and beans.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 11:18:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I also received a sample from them, if i remember right it was spaghetti.

I will be sticking with Mtn. Hse.

Didn't care for the taste/ flavor at all. (or the after affect)
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 1:12:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I've had some of their meals and found them not to be bad. Most foods like that are great supplements to your larger plan.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 2:16:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I had a sample of their chicken teriyaki and thought it was quite good.  I was satisfied enough that I plan on getting a few buckets to put away.

They're kind of skimpy on calorie content though.  The sample I had was a "4 serving" pouch, but each "serving" was less than 400 calories.  As a supplemental food source they'd be fantastic.  If you're relying on it for a primary food source, I'd figure doubling their serving sizes.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 2:24:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wise is not notably less than MH, they just don't use real meat and their servings are pretty anemic.

Werd.

Pretty much the only canned stuff I buy is powdered cheese, butter, milk, etc from these guys...  

http://honeyvillefarms.net/

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:42:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Werd.

Pretty much the only canned stuff I buy is powdered cheese, butter, milk, etc from these guys...  

I was going to buy the powder milk, freeze dried greens, and powdered shortening,/butter, and powdered eggs from beprepared.com  are they just as good as honeyvolle farms?

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 9:07:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Werd.

I was going to buy the powder milk, freeze dried greens, and powdered shortening,/butter, and powdered eggs from beprepared.com  are they just as good as honeyvolle farms?

Both are fine, just compare the amounts and cost between the two. I've bought from both, but I'm cheap and go for the best bang for the buck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top