Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2012 12:12:45 PM EDT
I have my first calling contest of the season coming up the 21st and I'm chomping at the bit to start hunting. I'm interested in what Foxpro sounds others are using and having success with. Also where you are calling?

I'm doing most of my calling in Central TX in Coryell and Lampasas Counties.

My favorite all around sound is baby cottentail in distress, I've called in everything with this sound and it is my goto sound.
Next is adult cottentail - Last year this one almost moved to the top of the list.
Next is screaming grey fox- this is a fox magnet.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I've always done the best with distressed cottontail. I hunt in New Jersey and New Mexico. Cottontail works great in both regions.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:37:37 PM EDT
[#2]
cottontail dist 1
DSG cottontail

Crow party :D
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:47:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Gray Fox Distress
DSG Cottontail
Lucky Bird
Wounded Woody
Lightning Jack

Those are my top 5, in order, when I use my FoxPro. Fox distress works great for foxes, coyotes, and bobcats, BTW.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:54:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Pup distress 3
Lightning Jack
Lucky Bird
BayBee Cottontail

Coyotes NV

M
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top