Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/23/2009 4:34:30 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/24/2009 8:17:39 AM EST by FMJshooter]
Been scouting some new waters for or week or so and finally had time to drop a line today. Soon as i got to a spot i marked on the map earlier this week i hear the unmistakable sound of a large bass hitting the surface. When i reached the water DAMN the creek was LIVE. Bass and pan fish striking everywhere about a dozen swirls within casting distance just awesome looking.

First cast : BANG surface strike soon as it touched the water. I miss the hook set

Second cast: Bang strike early in the retrieve. Guess i should have inspected the line because it broke. Forgot i was fishing heavy cover last outing and the braided line was frayed for a few feet..

Third cast: Bang reel in a 6 pounder! Then i manage to lose track of the lure when i went to release him and managed to hook the ring finger on my right hand pretty damn bad.

After about 20 minutes of self surgery and ignoring my wife's ramblings about going to the emergency room i get the hook out and throw a band aid on my bleeding swollen finger. While I'm putting the hook back on the lure it begins to drizzle. Within five minutes a massive shit storm rolls in. I had the windows off my Wrangler so me, my female passenger and all my gear got nice and wet on the ride home.

Guess i should feel lucky i didn't get struck by lightning or something. Well my potentially epic day turned out to be my worst. That 6 pounder did put up a healthy fight though.
Link Posted: 5/23/2009 5:16:16 PM EST
You went fishing....with a woman....caught a fish....and got home with all of your gear.......no hospitals?, no jail house?, no cemetery?no wheel chair?.........and this was the worst day?

Man, you must live a charmed life.
Link Posted: 5/24/2009 8:15:28 AM EST

Originally Posted By Hebrew_Battle_Rifle:
You went fishing....with a woman....caught a fish....and got home with all of your gear.......no hospitals?, no jail house?, no cemetery?no wheel chair?.........and this was the worst day?

Man, you must live a charmed life.

Frick yea not often do i get three stikes in a row on my very first time on strange waters! I'm still bummed i had to leave!

You're not that guy i saw fall of his bass boat and smash his head open a few years back are ya?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 2:12:13 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/12/2009 2:13:21 AM EST by SurvivalGearDepot]
Had a beyond epic day that turned into big time crap.

Now, admittedly a friend and I were fishing on a golf course that we werent supposed to be, but the bass fishing was just too good to resist.

That being said, we were over 20 bass in an hour with a 2-3 lb average.

Things were going great until my friend took a golf ball to the temple.

Lots of blood, a fractured orbital bone and a detached retina were the result.

I also buried all 3 treble hooks of a Rattle Trap in another friends scalp 4 hours from the nearest doctor, but that wasnt quite as crappy as the golf ball incident.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:50:19 AM EST
Originally Posted By SurvivalGearDepot:
Had a beyond epic day that turned into big time crap.

Now, admittedly a friend and I were fishing on a golf course that we werent supposed to be, but the bass fishing was just too good to resist.

That being said, we were over 20 bass in an hour with a 2-3 lb average.

Things were going great until my friend took a golf ball to the temple.

Lots of blood, a fractured orbital bone and a detached retina were the result.

I also buried all 3 treble hooks of a Rattle Trap in another friends scalp 4 hours from the nearest doctor, but that wasnt quite as crappy as the golf ball incident.

Did they yell FOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ?

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:25:20 AM EST
Hahaha I think they were too far away, at least I didnt hear anything.

I was smart though, I was fishing on the other side of my friend so he was in the line of fire.

Damn good decision that day.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 4:59:03 PM EST
I was fishing in the Salmon River last week at night (we were in the Estuary) with 2 of my buddies. It is pitch black and some jerkoff was headed right for our lines so we had to pull them in. Well, I go to recast and as I bring my rod back, my buddy starts to softly say ouch, ouch, ouch.... I did think it had anything to do with me or my rod so I rip the cast, at which point my buddy starts screaming OUCH!!!! WTF!!!! We all have our days...........
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 1:13:31 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:06:05 AM EST
I've just lost all interest in fishing.
Top Top