Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
6/25/2018 7:04:05 PM
Posted: 6/1/2018 12:54:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/1/2018 3:30:17 AM EDT by Alaskagrown]
I am a part-time youth pastor, the director for our churches camp got a hold of me and wants my help designing and running a youth outdoor education program. The sky is the limit according to him. I have to come up with program ideas and he is going to apply for grants to fund them. Right now he is thinking 2 two week programs one in summer one in winter one week worth of instruction and up to one week of going out and doing something whether its peak bagging, back packing overnighters, biking or packrafting. Eventually he would like to see it grow to the point that it could replace my fulltime work.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 12:58:26 AM EDT
Sounds interesting. Take it a bit at a time and let it develop however it will.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 1:25:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/1/2018 1:26:44 AM EDT by Alaskagrown]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 44-40pro:
View Quote
I have at least a six month window to come up with the initial program ideas. He is aiming for applying for grants next spring.

Fortunately my wife works for a wilderness medicine training company up here that teaches wilderness first aid, wilderness first responder and wilderness emt courses. Her boss has led multiple Denali peak expeditions and is a former NOLS instructor so I have someone that I can learn on for info about getting programs running. My wife's cousins dad is a bush pilot and ran a hunting guiding operation as well as an ecotourism company up here as well so I might be able to get different ideas from him as well as some of my trips I am kicking around his company did.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 2:21:25 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 44-40pro:
View Quote
Yep sounds like a really good opportunity!
Top Top