Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2009 5:46:07 AM EDT
Want to see something disturbingly accurate? Do the following - in a separate window bring up each of the links below....run the movie of the pandemic simulation out to about day 65.  Then check the current case locations to the predictions of the Los Alamos Labs model.....scary accurate.  One caution:  the simulation does not necessarily reflect the behavior of current manbearpig infestation...so your mileage may vary with respect to how many and how quickly transmission occurs in RL....HOWEVER, this might predict where the next cases might pop up.

This is the current map of manbearpig virus cases:

Map Link

This is a simulation of a pandemic model written by Los Alamos Labs:

Pandemic Simulation

Link Posted: 4/28/2009 8:39:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Why is NW Alabama a hot spot?

Ignore.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 8:56:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Why is NW Alabama a hot spot?

Do you mean NW Georgia?

Atlanta.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 9:25:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm in TN so I think I can say NW AL and NW GA due to their large immigrant population.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 9:30:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Tag for home since my work computer and connection are crap.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 9:49:46 AM EDT
[#5]
One problem I see with the simulation: There are just as many "people" (population) at the end of the simulation as there are at the beginning of the simulation. Any pandemic is going to have casualties. The 1918 Spanish Flu killed millions worldwide.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 9:57:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Gee, in the age of air travel it's not a revelation to think that the outbreaks will happen in the major cities first. That's were all the people are close together and that's were the airports are. I certainly hope we didn't spend millions of tax dollars coming up with that!
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 9:59:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm in TN so I think I can say NW AL and NW GA due to their large immigrant population.

Isn't the CDC in Atlanta?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:56:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Second link wasn't working for me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 3:56:15 PM EDT
[#9]
i think it's interesting that the model peaked near 85 days. where are we on that curve in real life? still very early i think.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 4:08:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Second link wasn't working for me.

Me neither.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:30:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

i think it's interesting that the model peaked near 85 days. where are we on that curve in real life? still very early i think.

I read that the first case was in March twenty something. So yeah, we're still very early on.

And yes, CDC HQ is in Atlanta. But there aren't that many immigrants up in NW GA. That's too far out from a major metropolis for them to survive. They're all in the greater Atlanta area. Especially the northern suburbs in Gwinnett and Cobb.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top