So myself, Erex and PaulBunyonUSMC, jumped in Erex's truck, packes loaded and headed out to Easton, Wa. roughly 100 miles east of Seattle, Wa.
Basic overnight camping trip, no real directions of where we were going, no car camping, no tents, no camp chairs, no coolers, you get the drift.
We camped in a clearing next to a snow run off fed creek. This was our main water source. We camped at roughly 4000' above sea level, over night temps were in the high 40's. We ate completely out of our packs, mainly MRE's. PaulBunyonUSMC mixed up a helluva cocktail consisting of (1) Dairy Shake mix, (1) Taster Choice, (1) Sugar and some Makers Mark, very tasty.
This was the clearing/camp spot we found.
The Creek area
Our sleeping area
Erex's MRE Cracker and Cat Turd Delight
We went up over 5500' and ran into an area hit by fire a few years back.
All in All a great overnight trip.
A few lessons learned.
1. Cotton balls and Vaseline ignite very well when used with a flint and steel.
2. My Snap On folding hand saw is the greatest hand saw created, it mowed through limbs and branches.
3. The Katadyn Hiker is awesome and does an awesome job, especially pulling water right from a stream.
4. Pack Weight-----Pack Light, Pack Right
5. Sleeping Bags, my Columbia bag is rated for 35 degrees, BS. I was cold. Even with layers on.
I know you guys had a firewatch up all night!!!
Looks like it was a good trip, and I'll make out next time.
Looks like fun.