Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2010 4:24:38 AM EDT
I am looking for a non-sticky camo wrap. Back in the 90's i used a camo wrap that is like the self retaining, scrunchie, ace athletic wraps. Does anyone know of any wrap that is similar? I dont want adheasive all over my gun. Besides, as hot as it is, the sticky wraps lose grip because of the heat when i am yote hunting.

I guess i could get a gun sock. Cut it in 2, slide the 2 pieces from each end.....

What do you do?
Link Posted: 6/28/2010 4:49:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Google camo gun wrap. Cabelas has it pretty cheap and the stuff works pretty well. No adhesive, camos the gun,non permanent, and gives an extra layer of protection. The only negative I've found us in very heavy brush,I mean way heavy,it will catch some snags if you aren't careful.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 4:15:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I googled my ass off and could not find it. I just needed to add a pinch of cabelas to my google recipe. Thanks....
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are looking for something a bit different and not expensive, Look on YouTube, type in, "Making a Ghillie suit". By GhllieArnhem. It is a 9 part video. He makes a gun wrap using elastic cord and material quickly installed and removed on any gun . I think it is part 5. lots of info. Just my 2 cents. I have used a camo tape, The kind that doctors and athletes use to wrap ankles and such. it is not sticky and not that durable but adheres to itself well. it sells for about $10 for a small roll here in Nevada.
Link Posted: 6/30/2010 6:39:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I googled my ass off and could not find it. I just needed to add a pinch of cabelas to my google recipe. Thanks....

Glad to help...

Link Posted: 7/1/2010 5:09:10 PM EDT
[#5]
The stuff you are asking about is the best stuff ever made for doing a camo job on a rifle without painting it. I've been using it for years and it's awesome. Have fun out there!
Link Posted: 7/4/2010 12:39:02 PM EDT
[#6]
The name brand of the first stuff I ever saw was  "McNett Camo Form", now there are lots of comparable items out there.
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 2:45:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I had some cammo tape I got in the early 90's when I got my first upgraded 10/22; put it on everything- wood stock, barrel, scope- took
it off 15 years later without much hassel. The minor amount of residue cleaned off quickly with GooGone (or even WD 40). It was very
tough stuff.

May do another gun up pretty soon,,,,,
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 3:38:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I had a problem camouflaging my M&P Ar so I i solved the problem by getting a R-15.
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 6:13:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Try the local farm store.  Ask for Vet wrap.  I get white with gray for snow camo and they carry a green/ black/brown.

If I remember right it was under 3 bucks a roll and it doesent take a full roll to do a Varmit rifle.
Link Posted: 7/25/2010 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The name brand of the first stuff I ever saw was  "McNett Camo Form", now there are lots of comparable items out there.

I got some of this stuff and its awsome! it is reuseable, and somewhat spongy will not retain moisture and you can cut it to fit. there is some camo tape on there too but I will not use that again it left a little residue on the gun that I didn't like.
this is the McNett digicam, I got it for like 10 bucks for 3 rolls!
Link Posted: 8/19/2010 5:17:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I used McNett's to black out my RRA bull barrel. It is holding up well so far and has not melted after several range trips.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:02:39 PM EDT
[#12]
This is really red neck, but what I did was take a pair of old cammo sweat pants and some black tape. Here's a pic.http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy44/rodinator1234/Coyote8-28-10-1.jpg
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:13:44 AM EDT
[#13]
I may try a home-brew camo wrap this year using rolls of Coban-type self-sticking medical wrap, commonly available at Walmart and such.

If it works well, I'll post a thread on it with photos.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:47:13 PM EDT
[#14]
The camo tape I used is the remington stuff from wal mart.  It seems to stick well, and doesn't leave a film.  I think I'm gonna take off the cloth wrap and just tape it all.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:45:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I just did my mossy 835 barrel with that; gotta pick up a few more rolls before they stop selling all their huntin' stuff
for the year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top