Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 4/22/2007 4:07:53 AM EDT
Is this pack worth a crap as a large b.o.b?? I have heard the complaints of the plastic yoke that holds the shoulder straps breaking off. anyone like or dislike these??
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 4:08:57 AM EDT
I think youve heard enuff to make up your mind. USMC tried them, destroyed them , went back to old reliable ALice packs (this was some years ago, dunno if they sorted anything out new yet)
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 6:10:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By die-tryin:
I think youve heard enuff to make up your mind. USMC tried them, destroyed them , went back to old reliable ALice packs (this was some years ago, dunno if they sorted anything out new yet)

I've used both the ALICE pack and the CFP90 pack back when they were issued and I loved the CFP90 pack. Much better over all pack. Used it as recently as 2001.

Then came the MOLLE pack and that lasted a couple of years. Now we have the new pack. I can't remember who makes it off the top of my head but it's a commercial manufacturer and it looks like a hiking pack. It's a little small and thats the main complaint about it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 6:18:30 AM EDT
I have a CPF90 that I use for hiking sometimes. Nice pack, holds alot, but no matter how I adjust it the damned thing it makes me sore as hell. I have a issue Large Alice pack that I use primarily and its comfortable as hell and some what cheaper to buy.

If I were going to buy a pack personally I would look into some of the new highspeed ultra-light packs they have out. I see alot of guys on the AT trail with them and have heard no complaints.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 9:12:11 AM EDT
Lots of bad experiences with them have been posted in the past.

A large ALICE or something like a CTD/Condor or Camelback BFM or other type of pack would be a better solution, IMHO.

The Alice is very comfortable, but, the CTD/Condor and BFM hold alot more and sit better on my back. (personal decision)

Otherwise, get a nice large internal frame pack and be done with it.
Top Top