Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2011 7:45:45 PM EDT
Anyone that has ever questioned the need for keeping supplies in their vihicle just needs to look at the snow storm in Washington DC earlier this week. My wife always laughed at me until she saw the people trying to leave DC at rush hour in a snow storm. Hundreds of thousands of people were stuck on the major traffic arteries for upwards of 12 hours without moving more than a mile or so.  Hundreds of vehicles were abandoned on the interstates due to running out of fuel or otherwise being incapacitated. I'm sure this has been talked about on here somewhere, but my wife has now been checking the bag I keep in her car just to see if there is anything she needs to add.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:53:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#2]
FWIW, many people carry a GHB in their vehicle for those exact purposes.  Not to nit pick, but slightly different purpose than a bug out bag.  In addition, being a Minnesotan, I put a winter survival gear bag including boots, spare winter clothes, glove warmers and sometimes even a snow shovel in each of my vehicles from November through March.

Definitely a good lesson for those of you in climates not used to this sort of thing.  Just look at all the unused space in your trunk and the stuff I'm talking about won't take up much of it.  Thanks for the reminder, OP
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 10:13:42 PM EDT
[#3]
A GHB is in all of our cars here.

One never knows when SHTF or just plain "shit happens".

Mine has helped us many times over the years, especially the first aid kit part of it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 10:18:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I keep one in my truck with spare clothes, winter hat/gloves, extra jacket, fleece, food/water and some tools( lock de-icer, HEET, butane torch etc...)
summer doesn't scare me all that much....winter on the other hand
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Good point OP.

Read THIS thread where a fellow ARFcommer found his vehicle kit useful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top