Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2013 4:51:07 AM EDT
Do any of you carry binoculars in your GHB or other everyday bag?
If so, how much do you use them?
What size are they?
Would you change what you carry?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:58:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, small cheap tasco style for less that $20 are in all my bags….
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:07:17 AM EDT
[#2]
They're in any bag I carry where I might face a threat. It's always a force mutliplier being able to identify threats or objects at a distance. The cheapie tascos or Burris work fine for quick work. I'm not spotting for anyone so I don't need ziess glass or anything that expensive.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:39:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I prefer 8 or 10x42 as a minimum

Larger objective lens gathers exponentially more light than the minis, at a cost of a slightly bigger packing size.

All else equal - more light = clearer view and more usability in low light
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:59:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I carry these.

Not quite as good as my full size Leupold, but excellent for a compact/midsize binocular and much less money than the full size.

Leupold Rogue
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:19:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I carry a monocular in by GHB/Travel bag. They are small and compact. I have several of the Alpen 10x32 and have not had any issues. I keep binoculars only in the INCH bags and hunting gear.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:08:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the small simmons or tasco that are about $11-$15 bucks. I catch them on sale or Dunhams has coupons and I have a few pairs. Toss them in backpacks, GHB, vehicles, they fit nice in a grenade pouch for my lbv...
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:57:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I used to keep a pair of Leupold Yostemite's in my GHB/BOB.  And if I leave town or are away from home I'll throw those in.  However, I keep a cheap Tasco monocular I bought a bunch of for under $5 normally.  Does a good enough job of letting me see farther/more detailed than with the naked eye and it's super lightweight...but am I going to use it for seeing a few miles ahead...no.  

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:36:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I carry a monocular in by GHB/Travel bag. They are small and compact. I have several of the Alpen 10x32 and have not had any issues. I keep binoculars only in the INCH bags and hunting gear.
View Quote

this,,carrythe mono in my line 2 as well. the small rubber tasco's 10x32 iirc or 8x whatever do well. but ive had two pair rust and break..i went to use them once outta my fighting rig,, and they had rusted and broken when i tried to focus them....

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 11:49:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I keep a cheap set of binos in the bag
A cheap monocular stays on the LBE
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top