Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2012 6:47:02 AM EDT
Can Eneloops be charged from a car cigarette lighter plug type system?  I have this solar charging kit but dont know how I could adapt it for Eneloops charging.

Thanks for your help,
Tex

https://www.readymaderesources.com/cart//alternate-energy/solar-panels/global-solar-foldable-panels/global-solar-p3-48-48w-12v-portable-power/prod_1639.html?ccUser=

editted to add Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:03:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, they can be charged like any normal NiMH battery.

I have the duracell multi-use charger/power station that is no longer made (at least I don't think it is). It plugs into the wall or cigarette lighter to charge the batteries, then from there it can be used as a USB power station with any 1.5V batteries placed in the charging cradle.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 6:19:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok.  Thanks.  I guess what i was wondering is if there is a barrel style charger cable available for the eneloop recharger?

Anyone??
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:43:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a relatively inexpensive controller charger that works with a 12v dc cigarette plug or 120v...SK SCH -808F LCD charger...(it charges AA/AAA but the caption says cr123)... works with my Goal Zero tubular female 12v recepticle...from WalMart I picked up a 12v tubular with auto battery terminal clips in the marine section to power my tent fans, and assume it will work, but haven't tried it...the Guide10 pack from Goal Zero 7w charges slightly faster at 5v as there is more current...

I upgraded my lights after the 04/05 hurricane season, but haven't really needed them ...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top