Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2009 12:42:32 PM EDT
Is there a app that lets you tisten to CW one character at a time? For instance pick a letter and it will keep repeating it. It would be better if it would do words and sentences also. I know the code, I just need to retrain my ear. My hearing has changd and its been 25 years?

I need this for my son also. Hell of a lot easier to listen and learn than trying to do it by looking at dots and dits on paper, like I did.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 12:47:35 PM EDT
[#1]
There are many. Use yer Googlefu.

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 2:28:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
There are many. Use yer Googlefu.

I,ve tried 3 or 4 but none allowed words to be formed. Overly complicated to change characters. One I never did fiqure out.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 12:52:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Something maybe like this?

http://www.panix.com/~jens/morse.par

You can type a single letter many times and it will play.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 3:04:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Something maybe like this?

http://www.panix.com/~jens/morse.par

You can type a single letter many times and it will play.

That would be perfect. If I could get it to work. I swear I have the worst luck getting an app for this to work. This shouldnt be this hard. I  design, confiqure, install, troubleshoot entie corporate networks and servers.
I cant get a flippin cw app to work. Sad thing is I think its me. I'll mess with it, try clering ot IE cache ect. No matter what I put in it plays the original message. Thanks for finding it though. I went through about ten last night.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:29:31 AM EDT
[#5]
www.lcwo.net
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:50:10 AM EDT
[#6]
My thread in the archives might help.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:10:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll try to remember to post a link tomorrow. I have an app on my work PC that can produce random cw, common phrases in cw, or cw from specified text (or text files), and the speed can be varied.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:24:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Haven't forgotten, just haven't been at my desk all day.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:02:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Try this one: CW_PLAYER

Has some cool features...
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:15:42 PM EDT
[#10]
thanks for the links guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top