Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2007 5:30:02 PM EDT
It's a family who "went back" to a recreation of the London Blitz. About how they delt with rationing, building a bomb shelter, etc.

The most interesting parts to me are the roles of government - air raid wardens assessing fines for not maintaining a proper black-out, the official position on "hoarding", etc.
Link Posted: 6/13/2007 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I read some comments about the show on another forum and from what I understand, most of the folks did not fare well and had a hard time getting into the mindset needed to accomplish tasks.

Link Posted: 6/13/2007 5:58:03 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah man, I got bored with it, fuckers whined and cried almost as much as the people on frontier house,

at least frontier house was simular to how it was when I lived with my grandfather every summer when I was a kid, with none of the bitching, whining or crying.
Link Posted: 6/13/2007 11:07:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes I saw it and about 3 other "Time" Houses one was a time village.
Interesting but the bitching got old quick.

Anyway yes I did.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 4:25:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
... the people on frontier house...

I saw that one, too. My thought was "The men would have done fine if they'd left the women home." Every one was either a Drama Queen or a Cast-Iron Bitch.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 9:42:40 AM EDT
[#5]
The Bitching is why the Average Joe American watches any reality show. The Bitching and moaning. Also I believe the shows producers choose people who are predisposed to fail. They nevr choose someone who will succeed. Just like Survivor, there is never anyone who takes their suvival serious. So as such these shows have lttle to offer. I have tried to watch but the BS gets in the way.

I mean look at the show Survivor which is to me in the same Genre. They lay around and do nothing, nada, zilch. Any one who does is booted how F'in stupid. Do something make the situation better.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 9:53:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The Bitching is why the Average Joe American watches any reality show. The Bitching and moaning. Also I believe the shows producers choose people who are predisposed to fail. They nevr choose someone who will succeed. Just like Survivor, there is never anyone who takes their suvival serious. So as such these shows have lttle to offer. I have tried to watch but the BS gets in the way.

I mean look at the show Survivor which is to me in the same Genre. They lay around and do nothing, nada, zilch. Any one who does is booted how F'in stupid. Do something make the situation better.

About a year ago, on a cruise to Hawaii, I entered in one of the competitions on the ship for a "Survivor" game they had.  There were 4 days of competitions that were centered around the main pool.

I literally learned how to swim before I learned how to walk, I was 26, 6'4" 200lbs and in great shape and was well fed (thats what cruises are all about right?).  The "challenges" they did varied from racing up and down the pool on inflatable toys, to untying a t-shirt that had been soaked and frozen overnight.

Even in good conditions, some of the water challenges where you are racing to complete a task and the adrenaline is pumping absolutely had me wiped out afterwards.  Had I been malnourished, not been getting good sleep, and completeing much harder and longer challenges as they do on the actual show, sleeping would be about all I would be doing out there too.

BTW, I ended up the Sole Survivor out of about 30 people.  Got free spa treatments, some gemstones from the onboard jewelry store, t-shits, hats, etc.  I had a helluva time.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 4:03:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Just watched some more of it. Seems to me they would have benefited enormously by learning to forage a little. They're on short rations and complaining about it, but they're probably surrounded by food they don't even recognize. I know I could stroll through my neighborhood and find enough greens and edibles to supplement my diet pretty well. In fact, tonight's dinner's greens were milkweed, and they were pretty tasty.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 5:34:27 PM EDT
[#8]
in one episode the chick couldn't light a chunk of coal so that could heat water, when the other chick finally did get it going, the first was bitching cause she had to wash her hair after everyone had already took their baths in the same water, gave up watching it after that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top