Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2009 9:40:29 AM EDT
I know I have seen some homemade can racks on here but have not been able to find them. I want to make a can rack to store my can goods.  Anyone have pictures or plans.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 9:59:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I made one that has a particle board back and 2x4s to seperate the different canned goods with about 5 in centers (I can't remember exactly but the width of a can).  Use a 2x6 on the bottom to dispense the cans.  Cover the front with that hole board stuff.  This is stupid simple but it gives you an auto rotating can good dispenser and you can load the front up with tacticool gear.  Sorry I am too lazy to take pictures and post em up, but let me know if you don't understand the design.

Cans line up in this fashion...

|  | [===] |  | [===] |  | [===]  |  |
|  | [===] |  | [===] |  | [===]  |  |

|  |  > 2x4
[===] > can
____
____  > this is the horizontal 2x6 that the bottom cans rest on for access
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 10:16:43 AM EDT
[#2]
A quick Google search:

$15 blueprints at Canracks.com

Photos of restaurant racks at canrackworld.com

Internet tutorial for a cardboard one: Food storage made easy

Youtube video I didn't watch

Perhaps my favorite of the buy your own (with photos) is Shelfreliance.com or Yourfoodstorage.com or Foodstorageshelves.com

Link Posted: 5/3/2009 11:14:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Find a used soda machine with a blown compressor and remove the can rack.  I have a Vendo with 10 columns that will hold over 600 cans.  About 6 bolts on the inside and the whole frame will lift out.  If you're good with electronics you can hotwire the motors and it will vend the cans out the bottom.

A
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I made this with free scrap wood from work.

I didn't really have any plans, and it shows.  I had purchased a few sets of plans from can racks, but gave them to some one here, as I couldn't make them work with the free wood I had available.

Link Posted: 5/3/2009 1:21:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the help. This is just what I was looking for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top