Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2008 2:48:56 PM EDT
I am very fortunate to own the land that I hunt on and this time of year I seem to become a very popular guy.  Every year I have the same few people call me and ask if they can come hunt with me.  This is literally the only time out of the entire year they call or talk to me.  I went to school with most of them several years ago.  I have no problem taking my friends hunting, but I have a hard time taking somebody hunting who only talks to me when they want to go hunting.  You would think they would get the hint after a while.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:00:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/20/2008 3:01:12 PM EDT by Aggie_Gunner]
Call them out on it.

No sense in stewing over it... just say "how come you only ever call when it is time to hunt?"

I have a friend that did that when he needed gunsmithing work.  I called him out on it.  Now he calls often and we go to lunch etc.

- AG
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:27:18 AM EDT
Call them out.  Or blow them off.  Either way you are not out anything.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:34:18 AM EDT
If you have work to do in the off season, clearing brush, splitting and stacking firewood, etc... Give them a call to see if they want to help you.  Makes sense if they want to use the land, they should help out.  If they don't help, they may be too selfish, and don't deserve to hunt YOUR land.
Top Top