Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2013 12:16:11 AM EST
We drew cow tags there, just to try somewhere new. I know the place gets hit pretty hard with traffic, we will be there 1st season.
Any suggestions on a campsite? Will be moving in 10-15 to get a good spot.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 4:24:14 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/23/2013 4:26:14 PM EST by DVCER]
We were going to stay here....Rental cabin, but some one beat us by a day.
Pretty nice place, cabin has everything but electricity. Propane heat/light/stove and HOT WATER. And a real toilet.
I'll be going in for recon soon, there are hundreds of camping sites. We just need one[img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_big.gif[/i
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 5:57:31 PM EST
I hunted 61 last fall. We camped about 3.5 miles south of those cabins, so it's the same general area. There were a few camps right off Divide Road in 62, and several more where we were in 61 (about 1/2 mile into 61 from Divide Road). 2nd Rifle, and still lots of cows running right around that area.

Shoot me a PM if you want coordinates for the spot. I'll see if I can spot some of the other camps I saw in 62 on google earth.

You all going to have atv's with you?

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 6:35:56 PM EST
Thanks, we spent 3 days in that cabin last October. I got to do a bit of recon then, seemed like the majority of campsites were on the divide road, but there were a number of spur roads we never got down. You think most of those will have at least one camp site?
I would think we should stay on the 62 side, but as long as we aren't hunting on the 61 side it prolly won't matter.
We will have an ATV and a jeep. I try to park at the end of a road and hike in as far as I will carry a elk out.
Lots of elk were running around last year right before 1st season in both units.
Anywhere up there you found that has decent water? I'll be up there for 11 days and doubt we will have enough with us for the whole trip.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 8:46:26 PM EST
The only place up there with potable water, that I know of, is those cabins. If they are still open during the season you can go to them and refill camp supplies.

I'll get some coordinates to you via pm on campsites.

Mark

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:11:10 PM EST
This thread just made me shit bricks and make me look up my license real quick.

I'm in Unit 63!

Best of luck to you guys in 62.
Top Top