Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2008 12:29:44 PM EDT
Although rather expensive, it's kind of a neat idea....

LINK

Craig's Listing

what say ye?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:36:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I can see limited value to it but I'd prefer "hardside" drums. The idea (for my purposes, anyway) is to have water already stored if SHTF and I'd think blue plastic would be more durable and less prone to puncture than these. And if you were tight on space but wanted to have the capacity to fill 'er up once "the event" occurred, you may as well get a WaterBOB for $25 instead. Might be neat for truck/car camping, though. Store them flat, fill up before heading out , use and deflate for the drive back....
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:59:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Back in 1999 - um, before you know what came and went......I purchased a 200 gallon collapsible water bag from Majors surplus and survival.  A few days before the big countdown, I opened it up and filled it up.........a few days later, i attached a drain hose and watered the plants...........I still have it.  If I have a "head's up" before an event, I will fill it up again....did not cost $74 but then again, I cannot move it once full -- like when I had to empty a water bed back in 1975 - in the middle of the night - up to you.  collapsible is good if youhave time to fill'er up........
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:06:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Might be good for temporary use but I'd rather a hard plastic drum for long term storage. Drums can be used to support a tabel top, transported with less potential for puncture, plumbed with fittings for using a pump, plumbed in series for larger supply to draw from, no glued seams or folds that can break down over time, impervious to chlorine, and probably cheaper if bought at the right places or scavenged.

Looking at it, it reminds me of the "water proof" bags issued in the army......never had one that didn't develope a leak somewhere. I'm sure these are built tough but I just don't like the idea of storing one and one day finding that it leaked its contents onto the floor.

Might be able to put it in a barrel for support, but then why not just have a drum in the first place?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:43:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I have 2 that are currently empty and collapsed in my garage.  I filled them when I got them and leak checked them.  But then I needed the room in my garage...so away they went.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top